Join now - be part of our community!

Software link PRS-T1

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MACMAN12
New

Software link PRS-T1

Can anyone please advise of of a link to the reader software. Unfortunately the link from the Sony bookstore displays as not found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
thomasn75
Visitor
carpetmojo

Hello all - just found this on MobileRead, of great interest to T1 ' ers.

[  I also note the update above from thomas is 1.1.02, so this looks like more specific to later problems.

I presume it's not geographic applicable - a freeze is a freeze ! - but it comes from a contributor in N.Z.

But p'raps someone knows more ? ]

QUOTE :

There is some news from Sony re firmware update.
https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=11814

Firmware Update for PRST1 (1.0.03.11140)

"I’m pleased to announce that a firmware update for the Sony Reader  model PRST1 is scheduled for release at the end of this month. This  update is designed to resolve the dictionary, freezing and page flipping  issues users have been reporting to Sony in the last few weeks"

ABOVE from " MOBILEREAD " FORUM  - Sony Reader section : - today 20/11/11.

They're usually very hot on info like this.......... but you can't get ter hands on it 'till end of month anyway - just in time for Christmas, hopefully !"

queen_silver
Visitor

Hi on monday I bought one of these readers the prs t1 and can not do much as it seems google deferrs to the reader pc and thats not responding. have been on to the Sony shop mk, and they have informed me that the thing is not even open for business till january!! tried to download a free couple of books to see if the product works but as this is my first, I am lost. google seems to not allow me to download direct to the reader, saying I need to set up an account here with sony (that has been done) so what am I missing.?

not sure about the adobie though, where does one go to sort that?

And the links for upgrades from Sony seem to be a red herring, as I download them. it loads to my pc running windows vista, but then does not transferr data to the reader, getting so far and stalling, an error message says something else is using it or open and to close it and try again.. am lost as nothing is running apart from my ordinary background stuff on my pc, ie virus checker nortons poss nothing program wise is open apart from the reader and that shows unresponding when this happens..

*just found out it was me!! didn't clear the reader before trying!! what a walley!!. got it working ok now and downloaded a couple of books so am happy bunny*

Message was edited by: queen_silver

Message was edited by: queen_silver

carpetmojo

Well done queenie - they only do it to test yer !

However, the January thing is worrying - I was told December.

That'll mean the Christmas market is shot.

Oh dear. a hole in the foot beckons for Sony, I think.....

Go have a look at MobileRead Forum and join  - lots of stuff there, and a must for all ereaders. And the Free Library has some excellent editions and versions of some brilliant, sometimes rare,  classics. Gutenburg's good too.

And, a lot of chat about the T1, help, advice, etc..

In fact, there's nothing that isn't covered !

bethcockburn1
Visitor

Hi,    

Can someone please help my i have a PRS-T1 im fed up :slight_frown: the reader store isnt available in the uk but i dont know how to get books from whsmith/ waterstones to actually go on to my device ? has anyone got any ideas ?

carpetmojo

Beth, first, have you enabled the T1 into "data transfer mode" ?

I'm assuming you have reader Library installed, and have the latest updated version 1.0.3. Go to Sony support/reader/T1 /updates for this if not.

And you are trying to buy wifi-ly ? And that you have a viable wifi connection established ? If that's all in place, all should be well.

If not, a quick fix, beth. It doesn't use wifi, but is a good stand-by, and you'll get books on your reader from the stores you mention.

Google "Calibre" - it's about the best ereader management suite there is, and is stand-alone, totally safe and free - you can donate if you wish, but no need to unless you want after trying it.

Download the latest version, 8.28 which has a specific T1 driver, and is totally compatible.

Once you have that installed, simply go to the store online, buy the book, and download it - make sure you tick the "save to file" option, the lower one of the two buttons, not "open with Reader", or Firefox, etc...

It'll then download it, and you see it there in "Tools" - "Downloads".

Connect T1 to PC.

Now all you need do is open Calibre, rt. click the book download, select  "open containing folder" , then drag and drop the highlighted file across into Cailibre library area. Wait, and it'll show in the library. (Then knock out download panel if you want)

At the top you'll see "send to device ". Hit that, and it will.

It's all so easy once you do it a few times. It is a very good tool to have anyway, with a lot of possibilities, and is used all around the world with great success.

Any problems, send me a P. Message.

Good luck .