Join now - be part of our community!

Sony's eReader software for desktop locks up?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
roevans22
Visitor

Sony's eReader software for desktop locks up?

When I bought my Sony PRS300 reader I naturally installed the software package. I have Window7 Home Premium as my Operating system. However when I installed the reader software it spent all day with the circular 'busy' thingy going around. I do have lots of photos, music, and videos on my computer and I wondered if the software was trying to log all of it. I installed Calibre e book manager and that works fine but it will not convert acsm files. Any ideas anybody?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
roevans22
Visitor

Thanks for the advice! Have followed your suggestions and book is transferred. It seems such a shame that the Sony Software doesn't work. It looks to me as if they have tried to make it do too much.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

The advice is simple, download your books using Adobe digital editions. Then use Calibre to manage the library and book transfer

Don't bother with Sony's software

carpetmojo

The acsm file is not a book, so Calibre won't "convert" it into a book.

It is a message, telling you/your PC the information necessary to download it.

You need Adobe Digital Editions , not Adobe Reader.

So, Right click on the acsm file, at "Open With" option, select Digital editions. If it doesn't open, the file is dodgy.

Hope this helps.

roevans22
Visitor

Thanks for the advice! Have followed your suggestions and book is transferred. It seems such a shame that the Sony Software doesn't work. It looks to me as if they have tried to make it do too much.