Join now - be part of our community!

A call to SONY

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
collingsandheal
Explorer

A call to SONY

Please, please, please, put the A9 tech into an A series type body!!!

Carrying an A7/A9 style body around all day is not, for me, a nice experience! Even with a battery grip fitted. Carrying an a99 with grip on the other hand was comfortable, the a99ii slightly less so for my large hands, but still infinitly better than the EF bodies.

If an DSLR camera back, controle grip and EVF where made as a unit with a slide in, from the left, interchangable front cartridge, you could have a mirrorless system that fully integrates with both A series and EF series lenses, allowing us to get the benefit from our existing lens stock whilst investing in the new EF system. And those of us that try to make living with our cameras could have a much more comfortable working day......

I got this idea whilst shooting with the a99ii with the mirror removed. This gave me at least an extra stop in a, bad light but still need to deliver situation, and I found that the autofocus was still working just like it does on the A7rii.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi collingsandheal,

I believe that Sony do not actually reply to comments on this forum so your good ideas may be wasted here which would be unfortunate. Have you tried registering your product on My Sony then following that up with a review ? I am sure that product reviews will be monitored for feedback.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi collingsandheal,

I believe that Sony do not actually reply to comments on this forum so your good ideas may be wasted here which would be unfortunate. Have you tried registering your product on My Sony then following that up with a review ? I am sure that product reviews will be monitored for feedback.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it