Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback problems and nowhere to turn

Sallysews
Explorer

Cashback problems and nowhere to turn

I am amazed that a company with Sony’s reputation is letting itself down by using an incompetent 3rd party organisation to handle the cashback.
I bought the camera from Jessops with a promised £50 cashback from Sony. I filled in the online form within a couple of days of receiving the camera.
There was no documentation in the box. I rang Jessops who said I had to go through the link on their website.
I filled in the form on the website, gave my bank details to what I thought was Sony. I received an email back immediately saying my claim was being processed. All seemed good. Until a few minutes later I received an email saying my email had bounced. I had never sent an email ………. ???????????????????
Would I have given my bank details to another unknown 3rd party company if I had known? No
Would I have bought the camera if I had known all the problems involved? No
Would I have bought the camera if I had known how long I would have to wait for the cashback? No
Would I have bought the camera as a present for my daughter if it were full price (which was eye wateringly expensive anyway)? No
Will I buy a Sony product again? Probably not.

If this were not to be a surprise present for my daughter for Christmas, I would put it all on my blog. (over 250k readers so far)

Am I happy? NO.

56 REPLIES 56
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Judiciary1 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Have you had any recent cashback trouble?

There have been a couple of members who have had trouble with cashback

at the moment, have a look at this more recent thread

It does help when members report any problems they're having so it can be investigated :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Freeland127
Explorer

I am so glad i researched this before purchasing the RX100iii on the basis of the cash back deal. It all sounds very dodgy and disgraceful based on the feedcak on this site. Think i will stay well clear, thanks to all who have highlighted these issues. Hopefully a major company like Sony will address these customer satisfaction / feedback issues going forward but think it will be Panasonic Lumix for me.

Sallysews
Explorer

I wouldn’t get a LUMIX based on the cash back problems. The mx100 iii is a
much better camera. My husband bought mine from Jessops at the best price
by phoning them. It was the one I bought for my daughter that had the cash
back problems.
--
Sally Bramald
http://quiltfeather.blogspot.com
profile.country.GB.title
Freeland127
Explorer

Thanks Sally, the RX100ii with 150 cash back is a fantastic deal and the camera is well up at the top of my short list so will have a rethink. Sony will probably get any cask back issues sorted so maybe just panicking. thanks for taking time to reply

I’ve got the same problem and I was influenced by buying a £3500 tv with £500 cashback and I’ve filled in the on line claim and I don’t even get a  thing back to say I’ve filled in the claim I think I’m going to contact the citizens advice next I think it was just a scam 

I’m in the same boat with a £3500 tv I wouldn’t have bought it if the cash back was not on the offer I think you should ring citizens advice   Bureau next under false advertising?

Sallysews
Explorer

I did get the money in the end.......

--
Sally Bramald
http://quiltfeather.blogspot.com
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Jeffslambrettasx200 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

If you're ever unsure about the status of your claim then give Sony Support

a ring on +44 (0) 2073652810

They can usually sort things out, if not then

get back to us on the forum and we can try and help :wink:

cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Jeff, 

We have had some info back for you to say that your case is pending approval by the relevant team, after verifying the documents and information you provided.

Thanks,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
AZ90-.
Explorer

I bought my A6000 at Wilkinsons Liverpool and sent my cashback  application to the heights address  by registered mail on 02/01/2018 as I will not furnish my bank details on the internet.Today is the 29/01/2018 and I am still awaiting a reply,Colin Tomenson.