Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback problems and nowhere to turn

Sallysews
Explorer

Cashback problems and nowhere to turn

I am amazed that a company with Sony’s reputation is letting itself down by using an incompetent 3rd party organisation to handle the cashback.
I bought the camera from Jessops with a promised £50 cashback from Sony. I filled in the online form within a couple of days of receiving the camera.
There was no documentation in the box. I rang Jessops who said I had to go through the link on their website.
I filled in the form on the website, gave my bank details to what I thought was Sony. I received an email back immediately saying my claim was being processed. All seemed good. Until a few minutes later I received an email saying my email had bounced. I had never sent an email ………. ???????????????????
Would I have given my bank details to another unknown 3rd party company if I had known? No
Would I have bought the camera if I had known all the problems involved? No
Would I have bought the camera if I had known how long I would have to wait for the cashback? No
Would I have bought the camera as a present for my daughter if it were full price (which was eye wateringly expensive anyway)? No
Will I buy a Sony product again? Probably not.

If this were not to be a surprise present for my daughter for Christmas, I would put it all on my blog. (over 250k readers so far)

Am I happy? NO.

56 REPLIES 56

The same has just happened to me.....not happy!!

Anyone got any ideas on who to contact, do we need to do the form again?!

A little stuck as what to do next.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Sallysews and snboard851

I have escalated both your issues to Sony Support individually so they can assist you both.  Can you please ensure that your contact details in your profile are correct.

Thank you.

kagreav
New

I've had the same problem - received a delivery failure notification e-mail after having a successful Registration Confirmation e-mail.

Tried resending the failed e-mail and it has failed again.

What is going on? Is my cashback application being processed or not?

Please help!

profile.country.GB.title
krkrish
Explorer

Hi

this week i bought Sony HX400V and applied for cashback via Sony's website. After submitting the cashback application, I had an email stating that "VOECSSCOSUPPORT@eu.sony.com The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly!. Very disappointing to know that this inbox is not monitored and attended! How do I now know that my cashback claim has been received or not! In the bounced email, it had my Cashback claim id which was 11772078.

Did anyone else had this problem too?

malcolm2battle
Explorer

I am also having a disastrous time with SONY trying to get them to honour their own promotion, twice I had replies from thier support team and in each instance the problem is never answered or resolved.  I like the camera but SONY are simply dreadful. hope you get  better luck than me !

malcolm2battle
Explorer

SONY support have failed me twice so if anyone gets a result from them I would say well done it must be your lucky week. 

malcolm2battle
Explorer

You are not alone there are many of us in the same boat, perhaps trading standards are the way to go ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi malcome2battle

I've replied to your post in the thread you created.

Cheers

floyd57

Same problem here, every time I call Sony Support you get a different story, at the end of the call you get the same old corporate rubbish "its not our problem its the retailers". I called Sony support at 14.21 to be told "Although my model was in the promotion only certain serial numbers were selected for the cash back promotion" When I asked if there was a list of these numbers the phone was put down on me. Are Sony trying to loose customers.