Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback problems and nowhere to turn

Sallysews
Explorer

Cashback problems and nowhere to turn

I am amazed that a company with Sony’s reputation is letting itself down by using an incompetent 3rd party organisation to handle the cashback.
I bought the camera from Jessops with a promised £50 cashback from Sony. I filled in the online form within a couple of days of receiving the camera.
There was no documentation in the box. I rang Jessops who said I had to go through the link on their website.
I filled in the form on the website, gave my bank details to what I thought was Sony. I received an email back immediately saying my claim was being processed. All seemed good. Until a few minutes later I received an email saying my email had bounced. I had never sent an email ………. ???????????????????
Would I have given my bank details to another unknown 3rd party company if I had known? No
Would I have bought the camera if I had known all the problems involved? No
Would I have bought the camera if I had known how long I would have to wait for the cashback? No
Would I have bought the camera as a present for my daughter if it were full price (which was eye wateringly expensive anyway)? No
Will I buy a Sony product again? Probably not.

If this were not to be a surprise present for my daughter for Christmas, I would put it all on my blog. (over 250k readers so far)

Am I happy? NO.

56 REPLIES 56
Madirishbird
Explorer

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me, I have the same issue with the serial number coming up invalid for the last 2 days since i bought my camera and the offer closes at midnight tonight..I have called and emailed the contacts on the claim page to no avail..Is there any other numbers or email addresses I can try tomorrow to get this resolved. I'm suprised a company that sells recreational products used outside working hours closes their customer service section over a weekend especially when there seems to have been such bad feedback over this promotion and previous ones..

Thanks a million 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MadIrishBird

Firstly, nice name :slight_smile:

I have escalated your issue to Sony Support Team.  Please ensure your correct contact details are in your account profile for someone to contact you back.

Cheers

Madirishbird
Explorer

Hi 🙂

Thanks for your help..appreciate it..this is my first foray away from a Canon compact and I spent ages doing research before going with the Sony ..have to say I love it so far and playmemories app is fab :wink:

Talked to a guy on the Sony 0207 number today who confirmed that the serial number is a valid number. He advised he would send details to the correct team and emailed me for proof of purchase which I attached. He said he would call me in the next 48 hours to see if I had heard from the appropriate team. Fingers crossed 🙂  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Excellent, thank you for the update.  Hopefully your claim can now progress along :slight_smile: 

Your welcome too.

Cheers

Madirishbird
Explorer

Hi again,
Well it looks like I was mistaken about getting stuff sorted. The guy from sony hasn't rung me back or acknowledged my receipt so I am in a bind. I have not filled out a claim form as he said he would get it sorted and also my serial number was not accepted on the original form.
Any ideas on what my next move should be?

Thanks ☺
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

So close hey !  As I don't work for Sony there is only so much I can do.  I have passed on your latest communication to them anyhow in the hopes that this prompts someone to assist you.

Cheers

addymans
New

yes been waiting nearly 12 months for cash back - sent numerous emails and letter no response , anyone any idea what to do now

peminha
New

I purchased a new Sony Camcorder from John Lewis, completed the online form to claim £40 cashback and four weeks later nothing. I have sent numerous emails to these lemons and zero reply. I might take it back for a refund and buy a JVC model.

fjclulow
New

Which retail store provides an 'invoice'  can anyone please tell me how to make this promotion work?

You are lucky if you receive a delivery note with an on line order, if you purchase in store you are given a receipt.  Are Sony deliberately making it difficult for people to claim the cashback in the hope that they give up.  the marketing department will be patting themselves on the back with the success of the increased sales, perhaps they should also be measured on customer satisfaction with the promoption.  I bought a camera from Argos, they have offered me a VAT receipt, does this count as an invoice for cashback T&C's?

peminha
New

I had problems also in this area. The third party that Sony have placed in charge (based in Belgium I think) asked me 4 times to send invoices etc. In the end I called Sony on their customer support number taken from Google and they finally sorted it. I had to hassle John Lewis many times to get them to email me an invoice. I hope this helps.