Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback problems and nowhere to turn

Sallysews
Explorer

Cashback problems and nowhere to turn

I am amazed that a company with Sony’s reputation is letting itself down by using an incompetent 3rd party organisation to handle the cashback.
I bought the camera from Jessops with a promised £50 cashback from Sony. I filled in the online form within a couple of days of receiving the camera.
There was no documentation in the box. I rang Jessops who said I had to go through the link on their website.
I filled in the form on the website, gave my bank details to what I thought was Sony. I received an email back immediately saying my claim was being processed. All seemed good. Until a few minutes later I received an email saying my email had bounced. I had never sent an email ………. ???????????????????
Would I have given my bank details to another unknown 3rd party company if I had known? No
Would I have bought the camera if I had known all the problems involved? No
Would I have bought the camera if I had known how long I would have to wait for the cashback? No
Would I have bought the camera as a present for my daughter if it were full price (which was eye wateringly expensive anyway)? No
Will I buy a Sony product again? Probably not.

If this were not to be a surprise present for my daughter for Christmas, I would put it all on my blog. (over 250k readers so far)

Am I happy? NO.

56 REPLIES 56
Pomz77
Explorer

where is the link for cash back ? There was no documentation in the box. Ammazon also promote £50 cash back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

malcolm2battle
Explorer

This is the link I have, the original one just kept failing now this one
just says the deals will be open soon... 😞

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/dime_cashback

Mal
malcolm2battle
Explorer

https://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com/dynamic/campaign/redemption/dime_en_GB.jsp   this was the original link I was using when I was getting the serial number errors and the same which Sony support investigated and told me my seial number was invalid !  .  I have just tried this again and it is now accepting my serial number, also I was able to register the extended service plan without getting a failure notice so all looks good now,   Cheers  Mal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - something like this is probably due to the database of serial numbers either not updated or slow to update - but glad its working for you now

rusty762
Explorer

same here . i submitted claim and received email confiming cashback and claim no. , but soon after had email 29th nov saying mailbox full etc. saying exactly what yours did.

I fired off email to the recipient querying but had no reply, but am assuming (rightly or wrongly) that all is in hand because of the claim reg no. given.

I will give it til the new year to see if money is in bank account, as the claim is pretty current date-wise, and then persue via sony if I hear nothing.

I wonder if all claimants are having same experience ?

mazpad
New

My problem is that I bought a Sony Z2 tablet from the Currys website on the 6.11.14. I saw when I bought it that there was a £30 cashback offer on the item.

The tablet was a birthday present for my brother. So I bought it and gave it to him. He duly threw away the box and moved to Tenerife taking the tablet with him. I knew I had to wait something like 3 weeks before I could claim the cashback and never thought I'd have a problem. However I now find that in order to claim the cashback I need info that was on the packaging (see above).

I've complained to Currys but they say it is your promotion and won't deal with it. I don't have the IDID number and the other info I need to complete the online cashback form but I do have my proof of purchase from Currys and my credit card statement which proves I paid for the tablet. There must be a solution to this.

What a hassle! I have already wirtten up my experience on the Reevoo website and will be sharing my experience further unless I receive what I am entitled to. Please can someone help?

rusty762
Explorer

I did have the same problem as you. I bought online via Amazon (approved supplier) 29th nov 2014. After registering and receiving email confirmation from Sony,and I then received email from VOECSSUPPORT with the mailbox full message!

I sent the original email again to back both email adresses incl. Sony and have since received money into bank account a few days ago 20th dec so infact it has taken approx 3 weeks to receive cashback.

I do hope this email may give you some reassurance that your claim may well be on it's way.

regards .

Sallysews
Explorer

Poor you, it really is a Micky Mouse system for refunds. I had an email
just before Christmas saying I got my £50 but it would take up to 5 working
days for it to go into my account. I never got any info on why I got an
email saying my non existing email bounced. I would think twice or three
times before I ever got involved in a Sony cashback again.

--
Sally Bramald
profile.country.GB.title
dfarrant

How long is the cashback supposed to take? I filled in all the required information and provided the required proof of purchase back in October. The silence is deafening! From what I read here its not looking good for a simple litigation free run.