Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback

SOLVED
que-sais-je
Explorer

Cashback

I've just bought an alpha-6000L with lens.  There is a £50 cashback offer but when I fill in the online form I get a message saying the my product is not on the data base.  Which database?  Is there a separate id for body+lens?  The individual serial numbers are obvious - but nothing on the packaging suggests an serial number for the product as a whole. 

I queried it by email but got a reply saying "Resubmit your claim with the correct details" - which is 100% unhelpful.

Can anybody help? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
que-sais-je
Explorer

jumpsuit,

Thanks for the reply.  The nessage came up initially on the screen after I'd filled in all the data.  I assume it meant the serial number on the body of the camera.  Initially I got an email saying I'd hear from them shortl.  Then one saying "Thank you for sending us your proof of purchase.  After validation we have noticed that your serial number was not listed in our database and therefore your participation cannot be processed at this moment.  To check the details of our Terms & Conditions, please visit our website."  Unfortunately the link they provided didn't work (404).  I assume it's a database of sold cameras but who knows? 

I did email for clarification, asking what to do and received the reply: "Please note that you need to submit a new request with the correct details online, as this claim ID is for this one only, you need to create a new claim."

I.e just do it again until you get it right! 

As a grumpy old man this should be where I point out I've worked in computing since 1971 etc.  But life is too short.  I wondered if Sony's wording might mean the serial number would turn up eventually so I tried again a couple of times last yesterday.  Late last night it seemed to get through.  No error message on screen or by email!  Whoopee

Thanks anyway (and to @pascale_E) maybe all will be well in this best possible of all possible worlds. 

Que sais je

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @que-sais-je and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Apologies if this is a silly question but is it saying the individual a6000 serial number is not on the database when you have tried that?

(Nice camera btw :slight_smile: )

This has been escalated by @Pascale_F for you so hopefully someone will be in contact with you in the next few days.

In the meantime if I hear anything I will let you know.

Cheers

que-sais-je
Explorer

jumpsuit,

Thanks for the reply.  The nessage came up initially on the screen after I'd filled in all the data.  I assume it meant the serial number on the body of the camera.  Initially I got an email saying I'd hear from them shortl.  Then one saying "Thank you for sending us your proof of purchase.  After validation we have noticed that your serial number was not listed in our database and therefore your participation cannot be processed at this moment.  To check the details of our Terms & Conditions, please visit our website."  Unfortunately the link they provided didn't work (404).  I assume it's a database of sold cameras but who knows? 

I did email for clarification, asking what to do and received the reply: "Please note that you need to submit a new request with the correct details online, as this claim ID is for this one only, you need to create a new claim."

I.e just do it again until you get it right! 

As a grumpy old man this should be where I point out I've worked in computing since 1971 etc.  But life is too short.  I wondered if Sony's wording might mean the serial number would turn up eventually so I tried again a couple of times last yesterday.  Late last night it seemed to get through.  No error message on screen or by email!  Whoopee

Thanks anyway (and to @pascale_E) maybe all will be well in this best possible of all possible worlds. 

Que sais je

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

No worries, glad its sorted now :slight_smile:

I will let 'the powers that be' know.

Have fun with the camera.and don't forget to post some shots on the forum :slight_smile: