Join now - be part of our community!

Complaints dept. contact details needed.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tikkaspecial
Visitor

Complaints dept. contact details needed.

Having purchased many Sony products over the years, and spent thousands of pounds, I have always associated the name with quality. However, having had my first problem with a product I am astounded at how poorly I have been treated. I am now left with a faulty TV even though I paid for a 5 year warranty.

Can someone on here provide me with an email address for the complaints department?  Preferably one that will actually do something with the complaint rather than just ignore it (this is not a flippant remark as this is my experience with registering for repairs online).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tikkaspecial
Visitor

Update:

Having posted on this forum about my negative Sony experience, I am happy to report that Sony stepped up to the plate and got the problem sorted. I now have a brand new replacement TV, with which I am delighted, and my faith in Sony has been completely restored.

I'd like to specifically than Lee and Will from Sony. They were extremely helpful and were quick to act.

Thanks guys.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi Tikkaspecial

All the contact details for Sony Customer Service can be found at the link below.

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/index.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

If it’s a complex issue I would probably recommend giving them a call,  that way you can discuss it through and hopefully get to the bottom of it. 

Regards

Lee

Tikkaspecial
Visitor

Are you a representative for Sony?

I have spoken to people in customer services already and been offered no help at all because I bought the TV when living in Belgium. I knew I would be returning to the UK so explicitly asked if the warranty was valid across Europe and was told that it was (as it is for "all Sony products").  This was in a Sony Centre.  I have been trying to get the TV fixed for the last 18 months, 10 months of which I was IN Belgium. Now I am being told the warranty is only valid in Belgium; the Sony Centre has been closed and I am left with a product that only worked for a year or so.

As proof, you can check your online repair system to see when I first registered the fault.

Ringing yet more 084 numbers (and therefore losing more money to Sony) is not something I am prepared to do.  I will try the online form, but I have never received a reply when doing this with Sony in the past.

StartTheCar
Contributor

In that case it is probably best that send me a PM with all of your details including any repair numbers (job numbers) you have from authorised repair agents.  As you suggest, the product comes with an EU wide guarantee so there shouldn’t be an issue getting it repaired.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Best regards

Lee

Tikkaspecial
Visitor

Update:

Having posted on this forum about my negative Sony experience, I am happy to report that Sony stepped up to the plate and got the problem sorted. I now have a brand new replacement TV, with which I am delighted, and my faith in Sony has been completely restored.

I'd like to specifically than Lee and Will from Sony. They were extremely helpful and were quick to act.

Thanks guys.

Issyj50
Explorer

I recently have had an issue with sony and have emailed several times and got no response, I only wish I had looked up what people had to say before I stupidly bought a sony product never again will I buy anything from this company and it's so bad I am at present taking legal advise to take them to court as I feel it's time they stopped getting away with treating their customers so badly