Join now - be part of our community!

Cricket or Not Cricket

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cricket or Not Cricket

Whats your oppinon on the following?

1. Light hearted banter
  2. Sledging
  3. Describing someone as "poor and weak" (D Warner to J Trott)
  4. "Get ready for a *beep* broken arm" - (M Clarke to J Anderson)

For me

1. Cricket
  2. Cricket as long as its not crossing into indecency (ie racism etc)
  3. Cricket
  4. Not Cricket.
26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOL exactly what I was thinking, something about a Stepp Ladder wasn't it? :laughing:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or someone with a bladder.

I look forward to the IPL each year.  I try to watch every single game.  Ive succeeded too a couple of times (every ball of every game)!

Akram11
Explorer

1. Cricket
  2. Cricket as long as its not crossing into indecency (ie racism etc)
  3. Cricket
  4. Not Cricket.
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I watched Sri Lnka Vs England last night and thought of this thread...

I have always been dubious about Malinga's bowling style but I noticed one of the Sri Lanka spinners appeared to 'throw' the ball several times in his action.

I then wondered why Malinga was wearing protective sun cream on his bottom lip for a match played at night lol. I know floodlights are strong but really? At least he had some left on it at the end (unlike Shane Warne) but it did make me wonder about sportsmanship in cricket.

Anyone else have any views?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have various views on Malinga's bowling action.   I have had many discussions with my Dad about this, and we have concluded the following:

His bowling is a cross between a 'bowl' and a 'throw' but more on the 'throw' side of things.  However his bowling style has been challegned and re-challenged over the years and everytime he has been cleared of 'throwing'.  Therefore one must accept that he is bowling. 

The two Laws of Cricket that apply to bowling action are : 24.2 and 24.3 (in conjuction with one another)

__

Law 24.2 Fair Delivery – The Arm

For a delivery to be fair in respect of the arm the ball must not be thrown.

Although it is the primary responsibility of the striker’s end umpire to ensure the fairness of a delivery in this respect, there is nothing in this Law to debar the bowler’s end umpire from calling and signalling No ball if he considers the ball has been thrown.

Law 24.3 Definition of a Fair Delivery – The Arm

A ball is fairly delivered in respect of the arm if, once the bowler’s arm has reached the level of the shoulder in the delivery swing, the elbow joint is not straightened partially or completely from that point until the ball has left the hand.

This definition shall not debar a bowler from flexing or rotating the wrist in the delivery swing.

_______

Muralitharan - Has also been cleared.

Fine Lines - YES.

Anonymous
Not applicable

NOT CRICKET - First game of the IPL finals, ITV4 is not showing it, instead its French Open Tennis (which was supposed to be on ITV3).  Checked EPG yesterday and it was supposed to be on.  Today, Nope, Nada, Nil, Zilch.

EDIT - Phoned ITV up - Looks like they are in the clear.  Rained off (Weather) until tomorrow.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Jos Buttler run-out by Sachithra Senanayake - Cricket

England's reaction - not cricket

This caused quite alot of controversy but to me its absolutely fine. He even warned the batsman.

I would have done it too :yahoo: