Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-RX10M3 shutter settings

profile.country.GB.title
greenvanman
New

DSC-RX10M3 shutter settings

I read an item about taking photographs of lightning. I can follow all the instructions that were given except for the setting of the shutter speed to 15-30 seconds. Try as I might, I cannot find a setting in any of the camera menus that allows me to do this. Is the shutter speed setting tied up with another setting which I am overlooking?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @greenvanman,

in which position is the "mode-dial" on the camera? In Shutter Priority or Manual you should be able to adjust the shutter setting.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
greenvanman
New

Thanks for the reply. I have tried both Aperture Settings (A) & Shutter Setting (S) and have been able to find no link to setting the speed. I even looked at the manual to see where icons appear on the display and can see no aperture or shutter speed indicators as noted. I spent a few hours one day looking at all the different combinations (being retired).This makes me think that there may be a problem with the camera software. I am going to see if there any updates that I have overlooked. I only bought the camera a week ago but would have thought that this problem is not software related.