Join now - be part of our community!

Terrible customer service

profile.country.GB.title
petewendym
Explorer

Terrible customer service

I paid a premium price for an all singing all dancing Sony Bravia KD-55A1 tv with an impressive 5year warranty. After about a year I started to notice a green tint in the centre of the screen. After a couple of months of being promised the world and getting passed from pillar to post. I eventually receive a replacement after being offered an inferior model. The replacement set unfortunately isn’t brand new, it’s described as ‘factory certified’ not used and not 2nd hand. Under the warranty this basically becomes ‘take it or leave it’. The replacement set which in the end was the same model as the original and having been delivered, installed and set up be ‘engineers’ worked ok for a day or two (at most) then when it’s switched on the led comes on, no picture or sound. Then there’s faffing about unplugging etc to reboot it. Sometimes the led flashes red and so on. The set reboots and plays up like this daily when switched on. 

Contacted customer service and was sent a long list of setting to change and if the problem persists do a factory reset if still no joy software update. 

Thanks customer support, I now have a set that I cannot connect my cable tv too and a customer service that has become mute and for all sense and purposes non existent.

i truly regret buying a Sony product. You could learn a great deal from Fuji and quite honestly you need too.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

It would be best to contact Sony support here.

They will be able to escalate this for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
petewendym
Explorer

I have contacted support via email and telephone, just get referred to another level and that’s as far as I get. Was told I would get daily updates via email... none, was told I would hear from the higher level within a couple of days... nothing.
I raised this fault with customer service a few weeks ago, was sent a list of instructions re settings to change. If that didn’t resolve it do a factory reset, that didn’t work either, so do a software update, link sent in original ‘instruction’ email, did that too, problem remains plus now I can’t get the set to connect to my virgin media v6 box or amazon alexa, I can only connect to WiFi and watch either you tube or bbc iplayer, the you view app has never worked.

My original expensive tv got the green cast on the screen, it took an age for customer service to sort after getting passed around and I end up with a refurbished set which is faulty. By the way, I got offered an inferior spec set as a replacement at one point. As you can imagine I wasn’t impressed

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
petewendym
Explorer

Tv problem is getting worse, ie rebooting 2 or 3 times per day. Randomly disconnects from virgin media. Occasionally reboots in safe mode.

still absolutely no response from Sonys’ customer service. 

profile.country.GB.title
petewendym
Explorer

Tv problem is getting worse, ie rebooting 2 or 3 times per day. Randomly disconnects from virgin media. Occasionally reboots in safe mode.

still absolutely no response from Sonys’ customer service. 

No sign of any escalation to date.