Join now - be part of our community!

Fantasy Football 2013/2014

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Fantasy Football 2013/2014

Hey!

To celebrate that Sony’s Hawk Eye goal line technology is being introduced in the new Premier League season, I thought we should have a Sony Community Fantasy Football league!

Do we have any football fans here?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ is the link you’ll need. You’ll need to sign up first and then you’ll be able to create your team.

Then each match day you’ll be given points based on clean sheets, goals, etc. You’ll be able to make subs and transfers throughout the season. You can find all the rules here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/the-scout/

Once your team is created, you’ll be able to join the league.

Sony Community league code is: 948955-247252

Good luck everyone!

Do you think goal line technology will have an impact this year? Who are your picks for the top 4/bottom 3?

Tags (2)
424 REPLIES 424
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

So that's the first gameweek done with. How was it? Will you be making transfers for gameweek 2 or sticking with what you have?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sticking with what I got this time round - what about you? 

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

I always go with the transfers approach and end up losing so many points over a season. Will try to not do that this year!

So I'm probably going to use the 1 free transfer you get a gameweek, but stick with the same team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you not save the 1 free transfer and get 2 next week? As I actually want to transfer 2 out, and get 1 better player and a cheaper one, but dont want to take a hit in the points.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Don't think so. How it's always worked is you get 1 free transfer a week and any others you make cost 4 points. Can't carry any over.

You do get to play 1 wildcard where all transfers you make are free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info :slight_smile:

It looks like one of my players "Bale" may transfer to Real Madrid??  No idea!

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Very likely he's going to Real Madrid. I imagine he's very expensive so you can strengthen other areas with the money. But that will cost you points unless you play your wildcard.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, 12 million - he was my most expensive player by far !

The wildcard - im unsure of using at this stage, but have a few that I kinda wanna transfer OUT :slight_smile:

HAHA, the joys

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did use the wildcard in the end.  Transferred 6 players in total.  Only wanted to transferr 3, but I had a hard time getting the books to balance, and kept going into debt !  LOL

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

I'm looking for a good result today from Stevie..but fear I may well be disappointed as usual!! haha