Join now - be part of our community!

FX3 NTSC & PAL Missing

Khussain
New

FX3 NTSC & PAL Missing

Where is the PAL setting gone from Sony FX3 after upgrading v4. Can anyone help me. I’m from UK and I have upgraded  version 4 to FX3 since then I have NTSC setting on. I have tried everything but there nothing on camera  

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

No?

MENU → (Setup) → [Area/Date] → [NTSC/PAL Selector] → [Enter]

I have same problem. My fx3 have not ntsc pal selector

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Per both, FX3 are EU units?

profile.country.GB.title
SeanCarr
Explorer

Yep same here, doesn't appear to be an isolated issue either, pages on Reddit are also saying the same thing. I hope Sony is working on a solution. I don't have this problem with my A7III. Can't be a hardware issue.

profile.country.GB.title
SeanCarr
Explorer

Furthermore when I spoke to a Sony support rep, they said its because my unit was using hacked firmware, which is ridiculous as my FX3 came sealed.

profile.country.GB.title
SeanCarr
Explorer

I've just spoken to Sony Support UK and they said its because its an Asian unit, he confirmed from the 4.0 update it will remove this selector because in the Asian market this is the format they use. When I questioned what if an Asian creator wanted to create content for the PAL regions, he simply said that this is something they cannot fix from the support team. So in other words, Sony will not allow Asian creators to create content for PAL regions with the FX3, seems really unfair considering that its the same camera but you're limited to what you can do based on where you live. Pretty poor for a big company like Sony to do this to their users.

SimonNic
New

By "Asian Market", Sony mean JAPAN. Im based in Singapore & we shoot entirely in PAL. With a lot of international projects, ALL IN PAL. Sony wont admit they screwed up the V4 for FX3 effectively putting  the camera of action. As a result we'v asked the broadcaster for permission to use the a7 iii as our 2nd unit cameras, as our FX3 cameras are now unusable! The broadcaster is not happy about it & it's put production in a difficult position. The FX3 was used it tight camera locations in & on vehicles for this project. ***** are Sony thinking?!

SimonNic
New

Correction. We'r trying to use the a7s iii as an alternative. not the a7 iii