Join now - be part of our community!

Help please

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
NavSoo
Explorer

Help please

Can someone please help me?

I bought my Sony KD-65AF8 BU TV from Currys PC World on 27/05/2018 with 5 years warranty which ends on 28/05/2023.

We have thick horizontal green Lines on TV screen.

After reporting to Sony Support team, providing all required documents, photos, purchase invoice, following all diagnostic instructions given by Sony sadly we were unable to get satisfactory result.

Now Sony is saying.

With reference to your enquiry regarding your Sony KD-65AF8, please note that we escalated your case to our second level technical team who confirmed that the horizontal bars/lines are image retention (type O). This is damage, unfortunately, caused by yourself. So, Out of Warranty.

If panel calibration and panel refresh is not solving the problem, the only solution is a payable replacement.

The image retention (type O) is from something that have been used for very long times. The static parts have caused this marks on his OLED.

We are 68 years old pensioners, we do not play and games, we watch TV from 6pm till 10pm daily and 10am till 12 noon on Sunday. Is it possible we could have done it ourselves?

Is there anyone who had similar issues? what did you do? Can Sony diagnose faults without having our TV? Is this type of faults not covered by warranty?

Currys PC World tells us that they are unable to help because Sony dose not allow them to fix any after sales issues regardless of in or out of warranty.

Any help will be really appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi NavSoo,

Could you upload pictures here showing the issue?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi NavSoo,

Could you upload pictures here showing the issue?

profile.country.GB.title
NavSoo
Explorer

Hi photos attached as requested
Regards
Navin Manekporia
profile.country.GB.title
NavSoo
Explorer

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi NavSoo, these pics seems to be an image retention. Have you tried panel refresh?

[HOME] - [Settings] - [TV - Picture & Display - [Expert panel settings] - [Panel refresh].