Join now - be part of our community!

How do you select your own screen name ?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

How do you select your own screen name ?

Hi,

I notice a lot of people have chosen their own screen names in this Community, at the risk of ruining my credability i.e. thicko, how is it done ? When I registered I was given my screen name with no offer of editing. I suppose now it will be too late ?

If it ain't broke don't fix it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonnie1266  - Good news - I have received feedback today that your name has been changed on the system.  However it may take some time for it to be visable on the forums (a couple of days?)

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im assuming that your meaning your username, as in "jostore28".  If so, the below screenshot may explain things better.  Did you not pick that name yourself??

Username.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for the reply, no, I was given the username. I do recall the pop up window that is in your screenshot which I read at the time and presumed therefore I could not change it without 'reaching' out to a local contact centre ? It does actually state in the pop up that the username was provided during the account creation. Can I go and change it to what I would like somewhere ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

I have just gone through the process again by creating a new account.  Maybe you were asleep at the time, but you would have had to choose "jostore28"  :slight_smile:  So I dont really know what went on, to be honest.

Username2.jpg

You cannot change your username, unfortunately.  However it does say that if you want to "reach out to your local contact centre".  I dont really know what that means, or how you would do so. 

However we could try the following (and see what happens).  If you want to change your 'username' please reply back to this thread, with the username you would like (please state clearly that you want to change it too).  I will then 'escalate' this thread to Sony Support and then its fingers crossed?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Well I can't thank you enough Quinnicus.

Please could I change jostore28 to Jonnie1266 please ? Will it affect my previous posts if the username is changed to my preferred choice ?

I am getting older and sometimes I can fall asleep without realising it !! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL !

I have passed this onto Sony Support.  They should hopefully be able to change your username (or at least advise you otherwise) and contact you back.

Let us know how you get on !

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hey Quinnicus,

As you can see, my user name remains the same - nevermind, it could have been worse ! On the positive I have been given a new rank  :thumbsup:

I see there is a new post regarding the X9005A :thinking:

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Yes, so I see :flushed:  It looks like that 20,000 volt cattle prod needs to come out :grin: 

Its either that, or they are :thermometer_face: and are :sleeping: or maybe they are slightly :tired: from the loud :kissing: from the big :party: the other night.  

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonnie1266  - Good news - I have received feedback today that your name has been changed on the system.  However it may take some time for it to be visable on the forums (a couple of days?)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Well Quinnicus it looks like you're the man, or the " big cheese" as I've read somewhere ?

Thanks again for your help, perhaps you should be playing for England !!

Jonnie1266