Simple48Simon
Explorer

Minidisc to PC

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Simple48Simon,

your post seems to miss the text - would you mind to add it to my comment as a reply?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Simple48Simon
Explorer

sorry about that . After I put in the heading it immediately posted - I am currently having a problem with my iPad screen doing all kinds of odd things after a small crack appeared so probably a fault at my end.

I then reposted with the original question under the same heading and it seemed to go off ok . Will check to see if it's now up.

profile.country.GB.title
Simple48Simon
Explorer

oh dear. I be searched for my second post and even using the search facility can't find it so as you requested set out similar question below.

I have lots of well loved music on disks recorded on my two Sony MDS-JE480s .Because I am now away from home a lot I would like to get some of this music on to USB sticks and the question is can that be done and if so how best to go about it .

As it may be helpful To know in getting to an answer I have 5 computers:

1.a now little used Sony Vaio PCV-RX301 running on Windows Xperia

2.An Apple iMac of about 20 year old vintage running iOS 10.8

3. An HP laptop running Windows 10

4. A Microsoft laptop running Windows 10

5 A Dell laptop running latest Ubuntu

Any help gratefully appreciated

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Simple48Simon,

as long as your PC/Notebook has a mic- or lin-in post you can connect your minidisc player to it and record the music manually in real-time to your hard drive with "Audacity" and edit the recording into individual tracks afterwards.

- Nic