Join now - be part of our community!

Network Access

SOLVED

Network Access

Hi

I have 2 network enabled Sony TV's and 1 network enabled Sony Blu Ray player.  All the connections are wired.  I have a BT Home Hub 4.  I have not previously experienced any network pronblems.  Last night I none of my Sony devices could access internet content but all other devices were ok.  Late yesterday, I rebooted my router.  I then found the blu ray player could access the internet content (eg iPlayer) but not the 2 TV's

On one of the TV's, displaying the network ip address it seems to be out of range of my other devices.  My devices normally have IP addresses of xxx.xxx.1.xxx but the TV shows an Ip address of xxx.xxx.81.xxx.  The IP address is not shown under wired connections on the router.  I have rebooted the router again but I still cannot get access via the TV

All my other non Sony devices are OK.  On the TV, I tried a manual setup by trying to force an IP address in my normal range, but I was not successful.  Any ideas?

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Am I assuming you are still using DHCP?

As a first suggestion, I would probably switch everything off from the wall - including your router.  After about 2 mins switch router back on, then switch 1 TV on.  If that works, switch the other on too. 

Other than factory reset of the TVs, which seems a bit drastic for an IP address issue - which is probably related to a setting/conflict in the router?

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Am I assuming you are still using DHCP?

As a first suggestion, I would probably switch everything off from the wall - including your router.  After about 2 mins switch router back on, then switch 1 TV on.  If that works, switch the other on too. 

Other than factory reset of the TVs, which seems a bit drastic for an IP address issue - which is probably related to a setting/conflict in the router?

Cheers

Thank you Quinnius.  A very sensible suggesstion.  I also have 2 switch hubs which I also switched off.  And yes, both TV's are now fully connected

Thanks again

Tom