Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 competition

Amanda_jh
Explorer

PS4 competition

:slight_smile:

Hello, I entered the PS4 competition, actually won (shock!!).... So I sent off my stuff and I have not heard anything.

I have tried to use the "contact us" form but it keeps crashing out no matter which computer/browser I am using... 

Does anyone have an email address to contact them?

Thanking you in advance xx

286 REPLIES 286
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Atually 

Hi there

I received the following:

"I can confirm that our campaign team has confirmed that the PS4 has been delivered to the customer."

Can you please confirm if this is true and that you have received your PS4?

Cheers

Sven0914
Explorer

As my claim now approaches the 4 month mark, Sony has the cheek to send me a survey to complete on its products and services.....this wont be pleasant.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sven0914 wrote:

As my claim now approaches the 4 month mark, Sony has the cheek to send me a survey to complete on its products and services.....this wont be pleasant.

Was the survey for a PS4?  :slight_smile:

PS, I have sent a PM to you.

Sven0914
Explorer

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the PM.

The survey was from PlayStation.  Unfortunately no opportunity to add verbatim comments.  Especially after choosing zero on a scale of zero to ten for 'Customer Service', and 'Would you recommend SONY to others' questions. 

Sven0914
Explorer

@Anonymous 

Forgot to mention, I also got an email a few weeks ago from PlayStation giving me the chance to enter another competiton to win...wait for it.....a PS4!!!  I know these things are sent to everyone, but made me laugh :laughing:

Anonymous
Not applicable

ROFL - Now thats funny.  Cant even get the 1st one yet.  If you won another one, the PS5 might be out by the time you got it.

Alternatively, Sony could just send you out 4 PS1s  :grin:

rpalmer83
Explorer

Not got my PS4 neither,

I entered on the 14th May and sent documents off on the 17th of May, I emailed support at the end of June as i'd neither recieved nor heard anything and they said something about it being 4 'business weeks' before they were sending them out so the weekends in those 4 weeks didn't count. Contacted them again at the beginning of August as i'd still heard nothing and they said they wanted me to send my documents as attachments so they could chase it up which I did 4 times and everytime they said they weren't recieving them and to try from a different computer. I've tried from a Mac using the Mail client, and from a windows PC using AOL webmail, all with the same result not being recieved.

I complained on the facebook page to which whoever runs that replied they were really sorry publically on the page and would do all they could to help me resolve the matter. They merely private messaged me a support email address which was the one I was dealing with in the first instance!!. I tried sending the documents through the facebook messaging system which were shown as 'seen' but recieved no further reply.

Lost my temper then with support and told them to keep the PS4 as it was clear we were getting nowhere and i've better things to be doing with my time than having to chase this for what is now nearly 5 months!.

This is an absolute shambles of a promotion I'm sorry to say and not what I'd expect from a company like Sony. Why are they running promotions they aren't capable of honouring?. The TV itself isn't exactly fantastic either, when you turn it on there is a delay of at least 30 seconds before you can even change channel or the input, I appreciate its a Smart TV and has to load things up in the background but its still rather annoying.

This is what the tracker page still shows:

Your prize delivery status

Participation code
Participation date
15/05/2014
TV purchased
KDL-42W705B
Purchase date
14/05/2014
Status
On-going processing

All in all this experience has put me off buying anything Sony again, its an extreme disappointment from a customer service point of view, I dread to think where I stand if anything goes wrong with the tv itself!.

pshayer

@rpalmer83 

I did received my PS4 in 2 months, Sony's email rounter might not be cepable of handling file size you are attaching. Usally emails over 15MB don't deliver to some users. 

I would recommend you to check the attachment size, if they are over 10 MB, try to compress them. 

Atually
Explorer

I could not agree more - the competition/process is a complete farce.  I am at the three month mark and could have done without the hassle.  I just send them emails every week now asking for an update and cc every SONY email contact I can find in the hope someone will figure out what's going on. Like you, I don't even want the PS4 anymore but I can't bring myself to tell them to shove it because this has turned into some kind of peverse game and I am too far invested now.  Now they want my bank account details to give me a goodwill ££ gesture!  I told them to forget about it since I wouldn't expect them to pay it within this lifetime and I don't need the aggravation from another breach of promise.  It's incredible that a firm that can make such high quality products cannot back it up with an equivalent customer service.  What a joke.

rpalmer83
Explorer

@pshayer

Yeah I made sure the files were under 15MB, I believe they were about 4MB all my email accounts put multiple attachments into a .zip file so I wondered if this was the problem. I even tried sending the scan of the reciept & participation code seperately but they still claimed they weren't recieving them.

It's all academic anyway. Why bother writing strict terms and conditions that entries had to be phisically POSTED to them and recieved by a certain deadline in order to be valid?, then not stick to their own terms of validating entries and posting out the PS4's within 4 weeks.

They know full well which claims are valid and which aren't as entering the TV's serial number and MAC address were requested and verified electronically to enter. So what I don't understand is why we are having to fight and pester for something that we're meant to have won?. I was excited when I won, now it just feels like a chore having to work to get what's rightfully mine.