Join now - be part of our community!

"Dispute" with couriers

P_Fearghail
Explorer

"Dispute" with couriers

Hi, I'm new on the community but I've been buying Sony products for more than 20 years.

I bought a TV from Sony's Irish website 2 years ago and it was delivered in 2 days.

I bought a TV on November 6  (2 weeks ago)  and have been left waiting - money gone - NO tracking number.

After several UNANSWERED emails and two phone calls  (1 lasting 27 mins with me waiting on hold, I left my number for them to call back and they never called back)  I finally got the answer that a dispute between Sony and the courier  "Panther"  has resulted in Panther holding several deliveries hostage, including mine!

I'm disgusted that Sony didn't have the courtesy to inform customers that there'd be a delay - - that's all it would've taken for me... a simple email stating there'd be a delay, and I wouldn't be as angry as I am now.

Does ANYONE know anything about this "dispute" because I still have had no contact whatsoever from this Panther company and I feel I've been robbed of €2004

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Did you buy this new TV from the Sony website here in the UK?

If so your contract is with Sony, not their delivery company. It is Sony's responsibility to rectify this for you and in a timely manner!

This advice may help:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
P_Fearghail
Explorer

Thank you for replying - I was thinking no one had an opinion!!!

No, I bought it from their Irish website - previous purchases have arrived in a couple of days.

You're right - my contract is with Sony and not the couriers.

UPDATE:  The couriers held my goods hostage along with those of other customers due to this "dispute" with Sony but now that the dispute is resolved, they've discovered that they've "misplaced" my goods -- apparently Sony asked for my order to be returned to them but the couriers had already arranged to move them to Ireland . . .   Now neither party knows where my tv is!!!

I'm awaiting further details.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi P_Fearghail,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

I understand that somebody has been in contact, possibly via Private Message, & that they are trying to assist you with your problem..

If this is not the case please let us know..

P_Fearghail
Explorer

UPDATE :

Sony customer services have agreed to send me a replacement order.

It's been 3 weeks since my original order was placed  --  the delivery for my new order is expected to be December 11...  5 weeks exactly after I ordered!!!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Success! I'd call that a small victory. Shame you had to wait 5 weeks though, I can't imagine life without TV for that long, hopefully you have catch-up services on your new TV?!!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad to read that you are to be sent your order P_Fearghail..:smileythumbsup:

Could you please update us once the TV arrives so that we close the case our end..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@P_Fearghail wrote:

I'm disgusted that Sony didn't have the courtesy to inform customers that there'd be a delay - - that's all it would've taken for me... a simple email stating there'd be a delay, and I wouldn't be as angry as I am now.

Does ANYONE know anything about this "dispute" because I still have had no contact whatsoever from this Panther company and I feel I've been robbed of €2004

Just a thought..

Reading between the lines I'm not sure Sony were aware of a problem with the courier until you raised the issue, hence the dispute, & you never know you might have saved others from a similar fate..:smileywink:

P_Fearghail
Explorer

As the original poster to this thread, I thought I'd leave an update:

My replacement order has not been dispatched AND WILL NOT BE until Sony "investigate" where the original order could be.

Sony did not inform me of this - I had to call them and wait 22 mins on hold and then a further 17 mins while the agent "checked"

A supervisor came on the line and told me that the replacement order WILL NOT BE RELEASE by the warehouse until they locate the first order, WHENEVER THAT MAY BE.

Words cannot describe how angry I now feel.

When I asked for my money back he said it doesn't matter whether I get the TV or my money - it'll take the same amount of time because neither can be "released" by them until they locate the original order.

I felt very much like he was accusing me of being in possession of the original order and still wanting the second!!!

-- He didn't say that out straight, but implied it with the words he used.

I really don't know what to do next  --  they have over €2000 of mine and I have nothing to show for it.

P_Fearghail
Explorer

I still have not received my order.

DOES ANYBODY AT SONY READ THESE THREADS???

I ordered a TV on November 6  --  over 6 weeks ago  --  and I STILL have not received it or had ANY word whatsoever about it.

PLEASE somebody HELP