Join now - be part of our community!

"Dispute" with couriers

P_Fearghail
Explorer

"Dispute" with couriers

Hi, I'm new on the community but I've been buying Sony products for more than 20 years.

I bought a TV from Sony's Irish website 2 years ago and it was delivered in 2 days.

I bought a TV on November 6  (2 weeks ago)  and have been left waiting - money gone - NO tracking number.

After several UNANSWERED emails and two phone calls  (1 lasting 27 mins with me waiting on hold, I left my number for them to call back and they never called back)  I finally got the answer that a dispute between Sony and the courier  "Panther"  has resulted in Panther holding several deliveries hostage, including mine!

I'm disgusted that Sony didn't have the courtesy to inform customers that there'd be a delay - - that's all it would've taken for me... a simple email stating there'd be a delay, and I wouldn't be as angry as I am now.

Does ANYONE know anything about this "dispute" because I still have had no contact whatsoever from this Panther company and I feel I've been robbed of €2004

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

sorry for not replying sooner I have had problems accessing the forum..:smileyconfused:

I'll see if I can get an update for you..

@P_Fearghail wrote:

DOES ANYBODY AT SONY READ THESE THREADS???

Sony do not normally reply to threads on the forum & it cannot be guaranteed that they actually read any of the posts..

P_Fearghail
Explorer

As the OP to this thread I'm leaving this update :

My order was delivered this afternoon!!!

It has only taken 14 weeks  --  my money was taken immediately from my account way back on November 6, 2014 and TODAY my order arrived.

My hair is considerably greyer after this ordeal.

profile.country.GB.title
klodiis
Explorer

According to the CMR Convention, the carrier is liable for the total or partial loss of the goods or for damage during the carriage, as well as for the delay in delivery. This means that in the event of such loss or damage, the carrier is obliged to reimburse the party concerned for the value of the lost goods. Now the question is how to insure a Cheap Courier Insurance to then he not fell in such a situation?