Join now - be part of our community!

RSS Feed

profile.country.GB.title
grandkids6

RSS Feed

Can anyone help. I see a link(?) to something called..."SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEED". what exactly is this and what benefit it would present to a punter like me? I like the info about the sony a6000 and the quality of photographs on the photo gallery. Games, home entertainment video cameras do not interest me in the slightest. So, what is RSS FEED?

A happy smiling old Grandpa.
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
leotroll

RSS feed ( really simple sindication) .On various websites also seen as a orange box with a wifi like symbol embedded,is when clicked upon, a way of constantly being updated with the latest news on a particular item of interest within a particular website.The bueaty of the RSS feed is rather than you having to return to the website for updated material the material comes direct to you.an example would be on the BBCnews app, i always head for the science news ,if i click on the RSS feed within the science section i do not need to locate and trawl through the whole website, any updated science news is sent as a feed direct to me.The feeds you recieve from various websites can be as emails or in the latest browsers you can bookmark each item, When it comes down to it the best option is to install one of the feed reader apps available, then all your RSS feeds from a myriad of  websites will all appear on one page,(magic isn't it). .Some websites you can obtain news with RSS feeds without the need to register on that particular website, keeping a little more of your privacy.Hope this helps it's pretty basic.

profile.country.GB.title
grandkids6

Dear Leotroll.

Thank you for taking the time to reply  and explaing about RSS. Alas, I use the internet to check my emails and Facebook site with my grandchildren and currently following the America's Cup. Not forgetting of course, posting pictures on Sony Photo Gallery. That is my use of the internet. Nothing more. Therefore RSS is not for me.

Your reply is much appreciated though.

kind regards

grandkids6

A happy smiling old Grandpa.