Join now - be part of our community!

Smart Offers Cashback Promotion

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
grmccom11
Explorer

Smart Offers Cashback Promotion

Hi all.

I am thinking of buying a new TV before Christmas and feel enticed by the latest Sony Smart Offers Cashback Promotion.  However, I have just heard a radio advert for the promotion, which states at the end that the cashback can only be redeemed online.  I have checked the terms and conditions listed on the cashback application form and there is no mention of this.

Does anyone know anything about this "special Smart Shopping pre-paid VISA card?"  All the application form states is that "Full instructions for immediate use will be included with your card."

Surely this offer cannot be described as 'cashback' if it is the equivalent of an online-only gift voucher?  I suspect that this also means you cannot use the 'cash' as part payment towards any online purchase as I know of no online retailer who allows you to spread payment over more than one credit/debit card, which also implies that it will be difficult to spend any 'change' left over from purchases as you near the total value of the card.

Is anyone in a position to comment on this?

Cheers,

Graeme.

[Note: I would have raised this issue privately with Sony if there was any way of submitting such on enquiry online.]

13 REPLIES 13
morningster
Visitor

Hi there, digitaljelly. Do you happen to know whether these Sony prepaid cards can be used to get money out of a cashpoint and/or cashback from a store? I just want to get the money and bin the card. :smileymischief:

What might be the charges for each of the above actions? I can't, for the life of me, find any info on the net.

Cheers. :wink:

HellowWorld
Visitor

Hi,

Any idea how to get the PIN for the" Smart Shopping Prepaid Card"?

Cheers

itiswhatitis
Visitor

its the last 4 numbers on the face of the card

nikkilim
Visitor

Thanks for that. It would also be nice if there are new cash back promotions where we could take advantage of this year. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif