Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Complaints Department

Sony Complaints Department

Can anyone tell my why it is so hard to somplain to Sony and actually not get any questions answered? I have sent the following email after sending my phone to sony for repairand them returning it still faulty, They don't seem to want to answer my questions:

Dear Sony,

Thank you for your reply which was exactly the same as the previous reply. As i stated in my previous email I shouldn't have to pay anything towards my phone due to your error. You have made a mistake and hence should be compensating me. Your warranty that you keep stating was not met as you sent my phone to me faulty. I am not interested in a quicker repair as I am still without a mobile. I would be grateful if you could actually answer my questions rather than replying with a standard email. If you can't then please forward my email on to your complaints department. My previous email was:

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your email reply, though I must say I am dissappointed with your solution. There are several fators that have left me very annoyed with the level of service from Sony.
1. To start with no apology that this response was over the 5 day response time. An aknowledgement would have been nice.
2. I sent my phone for repair to Sony, the phone was sent back to me faulty. That was a time frame of two weeks with no phone. In the meantime I have had to wait over a week for you to reply. Now you want me to send my phone back to you which with postal times will be over a week again. All in all thats a month with no phone. I am afraid that is unacceptable and seeing as the warranty was to repair my phone in the first place, Sony have failed to do so.
3. No way should I in any circumstances be paying to send my phone back to you because of Sony's failure to fix it in the first place. This is your mistake and not mine, and hence I should not be penalised.
4. When I phoned up to inform Sony that my phone had been returned faulty, the guy was arrogant and would not put me through to a manager. I don't find that particularly great customer service and feel it is very frustrating that again you haven't even mentioned this or discussed it with me.
All in all I have found the level of service really unsatisfactory from Sony. You have made no effort to deal with my complaint and have basically offered me exactly the same service again. I don't see as a company you find it acceptable for me to have to pay due to your mistake and at the some time be with out a phone for over a month. I have just had a holiday to Berlin where I was unable to take pics due to the camera not working. You leave me no option to communicate with Watchdog and Social Media as this has not been a very satisfactory outcome to my complaint. In fact I don't feel like Sony has even really acknowledge my complaint.
I would be gratefully if you actually answered my questions.

I just dont think it is acceptable to expect me to pay anything!!!
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @EvertonPete and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Unfortunately we don't cover phones on this forum.

If you post on the official Xperia forum here

then I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Cheers