Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback - successfully registered but no participation code

davido3
Explorer

Cashback - successfully registered but no participation code

Hi I applied for two cashbacks at https://www.sony.ie/cashback/digital-imaging/product-validation this time yesterday (approx 24hrs ago), one for a camera, one for a lens. I included the serial number & attached a scan of the original printed invoice from the retailer. It sates;

Thank you! You have successfully registered.

You will soon receive a confirmation mail with your participation code.

But I received no confirmation email so I have no participation code for either cashback application. As it doesn't state how long 'soon' is does anyone know from experience how long it took them to receive their confirmation email with particpation code? I tried it again just now for the lens & still the same (checked my Spam folder etc). 

It also states;

"In case you were unable to upload your invoice on our website, please send it to us attaching it in reply to the confirmation e-mail you will get. Please also make sure that you send your proof of purchase within the next 10 days."

I would have assumed that the uploaded invoice IS my proof of purchase. What is the proof of purchase that's required? Not withstanding the fact that I can't send it without an email address or postal address. 

In the 'Camera and camcorder cashback campaign' FAQs at

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/article/46754

FAQs 5 & 6 states;

IMPORTANT: If you are having trouble claiming your cashback, please contact us for further assistance

and links to https://shop.sony.eu/shop/mimes/openAccess/legal/contact-us/contact_en_IE.html

which list Sony sales & support phone numbers but as the cashback campaign is being administered by a 3rd party/agency I doubt either phone number will be of use (especially based on other customer's complaints about this & previous Sony cashback campaigns.

Any help/advice appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
davido3
Explorer

Update;

After making the above post I received a confirmation email with participation code, presumably from the cashback application that I submitted online today for the lens (i.e. my 2nd attempt at applying for the cashback for the lens). The email contents were;

Hi <my name>

Thanks for registering for cashback.

What happens next?

Your cashback will be credited to your bank account as soon as we have validated
your invoice and bank details.

Can’t upload your proof of purchase to our website?
Send it to us directly. Simply reply to this email within 10 days, attaching a clear,
legible copy of your invoice.

You’ll receive a confirmation email when your cashback has been processed.

For more details, please check our Terms and Conditions.

Important – keep your participation ID safe

Your participation ID is shown in the subject of this email. Keep this 8-digit reference
safe as you will always need to use it when talking to us about your cashback.

Good I thought, and I naturally assumed that I also needed to re-submit my cashback application for the camera in order to receive a confirmation ID for that too. Nope. I was unable to re-submit the cashback application for the camera. The error was; "a case for this product has already been submitted". That's both good and bad news. Good because it has detected that a case has been submitted (presumably the application I made online 24hrs ago) but bad because I didn't receive any confirmation email from that application, hence no case ID. So if I have to follow up this lens cashback application I can't as I don't have a case ID!

For those Sony Community members who are kindly helping out us Sony customers on a best effort basis & who are in touch with Sony directly is there some way I can be emailed my case ID for the lens cashback application I submitted yesterday? Thanks in advance.

I too have not recieved an email with cashback id. Anyone know how long it usualy takes after registering for the casback?