Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Support Site

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Sony Support Site

Hi,

Can I just say that the 'new look' support site is full of detail regarding the product you own :thumbsup:

One small gripe (sorry there is always one) is the search facility. As before one can enter the model number and the autofill will help out, once located the desired product support page will open. Once there all available support can be found from download updates, user manuals, specifications to FAQ's. However, previously one could search for another product (model number in the search window) from within the current page and jump to the support page for that, now it is not possible as when tried the search result opens a page with something else that 'it' thinks you are looking for and not necessarily the actual product.

I own several Sony products and as sad as it may sound I know the model numbers for each and regularly use the support site for recent firmware/software updates. It used to be a fairly quick process using the previous search facility but now I have to come back out of each product page and back to the home support page to enter the next model number :angry: 

On my life....

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jonnie1266

Thanks for the feedback and have subsequently passed this onto Sony.  Even though the new Support website is live - there will be continued further developments and improvements in the future, so all feedback is greatly welcome.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jonnie1266

Thanks for the feedback and have subsequently passed this onto Sony.  Even though the new Support website is live - there will be continued further developments and improvements in the future, so all feedback is greatly welcome.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Great to see the "gripe" has been resolved and the search facility is tip top once again :smiling:

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it