Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Customer Reviews - Where are they?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Sony Customer Reviews - Where are they?

Okay so Sony have just asked me to review my STR-DN1040. They say that many sales are generated by customer reviews...

However, now that I have submitted my review I cannot find it anywhere on the internet. Google search results show no Sony review links except by other websites and a search via the Sony site does not yield any results either.

How does that help sell products?!!

Did I waste yet another 40 minutes of my life for no reward?

:thinking:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi guys,

To keep you further updated, I was told we are attempting to switch them on during this week.

Fingers crossed 😉

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Cheers for the update :thumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Thanks for the update Nico, I shall look forward to seeing my review at long last. Hopefully it will bring some new custom your way. :slight_smile:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hooray.., finally the user reviews have arrived! :slight_smile:

wish I'd checked my own review more thoroughly before submitting it though! Hey ho, what's a few grammatical errors amongst friends. :flushed:

Thanks to Nico and the rest of you guy's for your input.

Anyone interested, the STR DN1040 reviews can be read here: Customer Reviews

Give me a thumbs up if you like it, maybe I might win something, LOL! :laughing:

Slinky

profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

Wehey! :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi MK_Slinky

I too completed a review (as requested by Sony e-mail) for my new X9005A television several weeks ago. I was honest in my opinion and gave the set excellent marks for build quality, user functionality, design etc.etc. However I had to submit my disappointment over the fact that it was discontinued all too soon probably because of the new codec (H.265) which is not supported. More than likely my review will never hit the website due to the fact it is no longer manufactured, I was hoping that the reviews for discontinued products may fall in the Support section as one of the tabs across the top such as user manuals, downloads etc. but as yet this has not happened. It makes me wonder then that when products become discontinued that the customer reviews will also vanish ?

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi jostore28,

Apparently Sony UK have taken a while to re-implement the review feature since upgrading the look of the UK website. This probably explains why your review never made it into the public eye.Of course I understand this is probably annoying given the time and effort you spent writing it and especially since we get no reward.

I think the purpose of the reviews is mainly to assist potential customers to help them make an informed choice about what it is they want to buy. If that product has since been discontinued it would no longer serve any useful purpose.

I suspect now that my own product has been superseded with a newer model it is only a matter of time before my own review will vanish also. :slight_frown: