Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Customer Reviews - Where are they?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Sony Customer Reviews - Where are they?

Okay so Sony have just asked me to review my STR-DN1040. They say that many sales are generated by customer reviews...

However, now that I have submitted my review I cannot find it anywhere on the internet. Google search results show no Sony review links except by other websites and a search via the Sony site does not yield any results either.

How does that help sell products?!!

Did I waste yet another 40 minutes of my life for no reward?

:thinking:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi all,

Since the move into the new global website design (end of February 2014) we had to switch off customer reviews. But I believe we will be bringing it back in the next couple of months.

Thanks for your patience 😉

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Did you post it to these forums? or another Site?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi chap,

No I posted it back to Sony UK, they sent me an email requesting the review and a link where to post it.

Shortly after I received another email to say my review had been accepted with another link to confirm my submission. I have since made my confirmation and that was that, I got a quick 'Thank you'.

The emails came from 'norely@sony.co.uk', they also sent me a copy of what I posted but it would be nice to know where it went.

I'm sure you would agree, a review is only any good if people can find it which I clearly cannot. Hmm.., puzzling!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Fully understand and agree.  Give me some-time, Ill find out what the process is (hopefully) and i'll get back to you.  As I dont know how it works (yet)

Your favorite 'Head Cheese Shredder' :laughing:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi chap,

Good to hear I have the Chief Cheese looking into it!

As a matter of interest, on the Sony.com website if you look at products available to buy they also list customer reviews in a link at the top of each page. I wonder why Sony UK don't bother, surely having reviews on a product page is the best place to show them, unless of course they're afraid of negative comments.

Look forward to your update when available.

Cheese!

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

I recall some years ago that Sony would randomly email Sony customers who had registered their products on MY Sony to invite them to submit a review to Reevoo Mark. Only verified product owners could submit a review to Reevoo Mark, hence the email invitation, which I believe was intended to prevent bogus or competitors posting negative reviews which was different to Reevoo's other review site. 

Now, if your email was similar to one that a friend of mine recieved, it would appear from the TOC's that Sony are working with Bazaarvoice so it may be that they are collating reviews before adding them to the respective product pages but maybe a Sony staff member can clarify this.

Review TOC's.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Yes I did register my product a day or two after purchase which no doubt is why they requested my review.

There were guidelines\rules which they said had to be adhered to but I don't waste time reading such twaddle. I'm human, not a graduate in Law. The terms above are about as legible and user friendly as the user manuals. I say it how it is but have enough common sense to know what can and cannot be said.

On the face of it I think I've done Sony proud with my review, they accepted it soon after so it must have been okay.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi all,

Since the move into the new global website design (end of February 2014) we had to switch off customer reviews. But I believe we will be bringing it back in the next couple of months.

Thanks for your patience 😉

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

@MK_Slinky wrote:

There were guidelines\rules which they said had to be adhered to but I don't waste time reading such twaddle. I'm human, not a graduate in Law. 

I'm with you there and did have a laugh when me friend forwarded them to me. As you say you need a law degree to understand many of the T&C's, it is about time these were written using easy to understand plain English.

What I don't like about reviews like these is that they have to go through a third party before being uploaded to the companies site so I always read reviews from several different sites to get a more accurate opinion.

Also thank you to @tweety2b for the clarification it is good to know that actual Sony staff are still monitoring these threads.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hey Nico,

Thanks for your feedback, it's nice to know that our efforts are not in vein! :wink:

I don't very often write such lengthy reviews and to be honest I found the thought of it to be quite daunting at first, the STR-DN1040 is a beast of an amplifier to write about and a simple few lines would not have done it justice.

I believe that I have given a fair and honest opinion and will look forward to reading what responses it may get when it is eventually posted.

All the best

Slinky