Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPC3B36FG turbo boost, Assist and vaio buttons won't work

profile.country.GB.title
RebeccaSx
New

Sony Vaio VPC3B36FG turbo boost, Assist and vaio buttons won't work

Hi,

I recently upgraded Vaio to Windows 10 Pro. Just noticed Turbo Boost won't work. It was previously on Windows 10 home which was upgraded from Windows 7. I am not the original owner so not sure if it ever worked. I went into BIOS and didn't see an option for Turbo Boost to enable. I have gone through all the settings etc, can't find anything. The Vaio and Assist button also do not function although the Vaio drivers are present and Vaio care is functioning. 

How do I get

a) Turbo Boost to work

b) Assist & Vaio buttons to work. The web button works fine.

Thanks. BTW I did search the forum but couldn't find any updated threads that have working solutions.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi RebeccaSx and welcome.

I presume you mean VPCSB36FG? If so, this model was not sold in Europe and I can only find Sony Support pages on the websites of Sony.com (USA), Sony Asia and Sony Middle-East. For example:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/product/vpcsb36fg/downloads

Sadly, all downloads and online support for Windows 7 Vaios has now finished and the websites are less than helpful.

I presume you carried out an UPGRADE to Win 10 Pro as a normal install will wipe all existing data and drivers? Sony have always only provided limited access to the BIOS - what version do you have installed?

Does anything happen when you press the ASSIST button when the Vaio is completely shut down?

Your best hope us that another user has solved the same problem and you will get greater coverage if you also post on Sony.com.

If it turns out to be a driver problem, I do have a set of VPCSB original drivers archived somewhere.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.