Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XE 93 HDR issue with Xbox One X

profile.country.GB.title
Deadlydazzag
New

Sony XE 93 HDR issue with Xbox One X

Can someone please offer me some sensible advice. I have the 65 Sony XE930 series tv, a lovely set and have just connected the Xbox One X using the Audioquest Pearl HDMI lead, it’s HDCP 2.2, and handles 18Gbps, top quality lead. When the tv sesnses HDR content on a game it looks like something happens, processing I guess and the screen goes black for a second as it flicks to HDR mode, showing the screen resolution top left as HDR is enabled. I notice it turns off ambient light and pushes brightness to max etc. At random sometimes when it tries to flick to HDR mode it struggles and I lose picture completely with the message unsupported media or something, you can see it flicking over and over at the top, what on Earth is happening as it’s doing my head in. I have to reset the tv in the end? I’ve tried 3 leads now and an Xbox One S which it does on that too. When it works looks fab so I’m stumped?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Deadlydazzag
New

If I could add that I’m using HDMI port 3, and have enhanced HDMI output selected. The check my tv on the Xbox has all green ticks showing, so all is good