Join now - be part of our community!

The Whinge Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Whinge Thread

Im going to start off with the topic we all like to have a whinge and a moan about. 

The BBC

Whats the point of a 24 hour News channel when they simulcast everything on BBC1 > BBC1HD and interupt normal programming for what one would call news.

50 REPLIES 50
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Were you enjoying Mrs Brown's Boys last week, Quinnicus? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

No - Waiting for Question Time - and waiting and waiting and waiting.

I just dont get the point of a 24 hour news station, when an event happens other stations are effected as well.  You could flash a scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen, then say "More info on BBC News 24"  etc.

Everytime a "significant" (term used loosely) even happens, its blanket coverage for many days/weeks.  It infuriates me.

profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

Whoever thought of this thread.... well done. I want a whinge and a good one at that. This is SO tempting!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mischof67 wrote:

. I want a whinge and a good one at that. This is SO tempting!

By all means, go ahead - it gets it off your mind/chest

My whinge today is : I HATE SHOPPING !! - Why is it that for 45 weeks of the year, the shops have a reasonable amount of people in it.  Come xmas time, and it seems everyone comes out of the woodwork.  Where do these people come from?  Dont they get normal weekly shopping?  ARGH.  Im not even bothering to go next week.  A fortnight ago, I did my first ever grocery shopping online.  This week is my second.

AND another thing, why do the pensioners have-a-chat in the middle of an aisle!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Haha you've tempted me in with that last coment!

Trolleys left in the middle of supermarket aisles drives me mad, as does the general lack of space

and self awareness people have when shopping. I'm forever getting bumped or having to move a

trolly to escape an aisle.

Not much of a whinge, but hey I feel better lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just having a whinge again - against this non-elected government for the propaganda and down right lies that they spin to the media.  For the media to perpetuate those lies and propaganda for the governments self fulfilling prophercy.  And the public fall for it hook line and sinker.  5 years between elections is far too long, especially for a non-elected government. 

The continual demonization of certain subsets of society, who do not have a voice and have no means to defend themselves against what one could even argue as a 'hate' crime, yet totally legal.  To be punished based on a failed policy, which was introduced for purely ideological reasons.

Whilst Im at it.  You will all get a letter in the post that appears to be "junk mail" this is the governements way of an "opt-in by stealth".  This is the NHS care.data policy.  Look out for this, as it will not be addressed to you, but to the "householder" or "occupier".  

Oh and another thing, ever notice that the BBC never report on evidence against man made climate change.  How did I get to the BBC again?

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

Whilst Im at it.  You will all get a letter in the post that appears to be "junk mail" this is the governements way of an "opt-in by stealth".  This is the NHS care.data policy.  Look out for this, as it will not be addressed to you, but to the "householder" or "occupier". 

Not much help in solving the other three whinges but you can offer info on one of them...

There is no need to look out for the NHS letter to drop through your door here is a copy of the leaflet, if after reading the leaflet you wish to opt out then all you need to do is to contact your GP practice and inform them that you object to your personal data information leaving the GP practice.

Point to note thought is that the policy has two parts and you can opt out of both if you so desire, see more below.

There are two types of information sharing you can object to:
• You can object to information containing data that identifies you from leaving your GP practice. This type of objection will prevent the identifiable information held in your GP record from being sent to the HSCIC secure environment. It will also prevent those who have gained special legal approval form using your health information for research.
• You can also object to any information containing data that identifies you from leaving the HSCIC secure environment. This includes information from all places you receive NHS care, such as hospitals.
If you do not object, information that identifies you will only leave the HSCIC in limited circumstances where there is special legal approval, for example for medical research. If you object, confidential information will not leave the HSCIC and be used in this way,except in very rare circumstances for example in the event of a civil emergency.

Bottom line if you are concerned then best option is to discuss this with your GP practice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks buddy :slight_smile:

I was having a bad day (and still am annoyed), got into a bad mood, and started ranting!

There is a rather informative (yet unofficial) website on the "alternative" views of the care.data policy:

http://care-data.info/

(Note: yes, im opting out!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes one can only shake their head in dis-belief and laugh (or cry depending).  I have not had a shower since Thursday, cant do me dishes, cant have a wash - I now have a blocked pipe - due to the incompetence of a bathroom renovation last year.  I have had the fan on my carpets all weekend, still trying to dry them (as the washing machine overflowed from the waist pipe).  The local housing authority that I rent from, says its an emergency (upon my request), but I would hate to think otherwise. 

Received a call a while ago, a subcontractor is coming out tomorrow - to "look" at the problem.  Not what was agreed apon this morning - saying that it will be fixed tomorrow.

As I said, sometimes you can only shake your head.  Now to draft an offical letter of complaint - as this has been going on for too long, coming to a head this week end.