Join now - be part of our community!

The Whinge Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Whinge Thread

Im going to start off with the topic we all like to have a whinge and a moan about. 

The BBC

Whats the point of a 24 hour News channel when they simulcast everything on BBC1 > BBC1HD and interupt normal programming for what one would call news.

50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a massive arguement with ASDA Delivery guy.  AND im still fuming.  Ive been getting home delivery's each month for well over a year now.  As I live in a flat (2nd floor) - I have added deilvery instructions to say so (2nd floor 2 x 14 steps, no lift). Now they try to say that they will not deliver it AND i have to come downstairs to pick it up.  Told him that this is not acceptable - they have accepted delivery - If they wont, they should phone me (not unreasonable).

Anyhow, thats my whinge for the day.

PS: Its £144 in shopping.  Is ASDA too big that they refuse customers now.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Oh dear Quinnicus, it is obvious in your post that you are not a happy chappy :angry:

You do not say whether or not you have used Asda as your home delivery constantly for the past twelve months ? If so why have they changed their ethic, maybe you have a new delivery guy with a dodgy back :laughing:

I have a great service from Sainsbury's - although they don't have to climb any steps

If it ain't broke don't fix it
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im calmer now :slight_smile:

Sainsbury's wont deliver to me either :cry:    Yes, the past 12 months or so has always been ASDA.

Why have they changed their ethic - Health and Safety.  So its ok for me to do it - but not them.  😞

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Health and Safety, in some respects we are so tired of hearing about it - some have now reversed it to try and make it sound more refreshing - Safety and Health

Nope, still sounds the same.

Now here you have hit upon a whole new whinge, or we could just go straight to a health and safety thread with a hi vis background :laughing:

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL

Health and Safety........  Thats another days whinge!

Funny enough, I seem to get big ticket items delivered ok (fridge, lounge suit, TV, washing machine etc).  yet a couple of bottles of cooldrink and some beer seems to be too hard.

Postie delivers without a grumple too - same as amazon deliveries!  Super-markets - well thats a law apon themselves.  They want the sales and delivery charge from the easy customers only (its like having your own pie and eating it) - guess what ASDA and co, you get the good with the bad.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Sony Technical Support - How do they get it so wrong??

Currently I have a case open with technical support for some issues with my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray Player. Amongst the issues identified I also asked about the vTuner Internet Radio service which so many people have been having issues with over the last few months. In particular I've asked if and when the service will be fully restored and do they know why the problems occurred.

A couple of days ago I got an unexpected call on my mobile from a number 'witheld'. I don't answer these type of calls however this caller did leave a message to say he was calling from Sony Technical Support. Not only did the guy say that he's pleased my apps are now working properly (say's who, I never told him that)? But he also told me that vTuner has been withdrawn from my device entirely! Um now let me see..., nope it hasn't I still have vTuner on both my devices and it still works mostly.

Given that technical support are the people we're supposed to turn to for help it seems quite astonishing that they they regularly tell us such nosense. I can only surmise that technical support make things up as they go along, much like governments do really. Give the customer any old flannel just to keep them happy. Little wonder why so many people complain about them so regularly.

Whinge over.......:smileygeek:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Anonymous 

Don't blame Sainsburys for not wanting to deliver, they don't employ the delivery guys & gals, it's a private contractor called Ryder!

I worked for them briefly doing home deliveries, some customers would have us running up and down flights of stairs all day long without a thought to how tiring it was. I loathed that job, some customers were really rude too and would often expected us to bring the shopping in the house and even unpack it for them, lazy *****!!

Health & Safety is not really the issue though they might like to quote it as an excuse. Much of the time it's about getting from one customer to the next in as little time as possible. On my interview they asked if I minded driving fast, somehow I doubt safety was of paramount concern so long as I got the deliveries done on time.

I jacked it in after three days, worst job ever and that's putting it mildly!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

I have a new whinge.

What is it with the road gritters at weekends and on Bank Holidays ? I never saw one during November or December until Christmas Day morning whilst on my way to work at half past five in the morning - this annoyed me as there was no reason to be gritting as the temperature was several degrees above freezing - in fact I saw two that morning and was duly 'salted' twice as they slowly made their way past on the opposite side of the road :cry: This obviously did my car the world of good for no apparent reason other than the local council clearly offering the gritter men (or women) some overtime to make up for the lack of frost.

Now, following Christmas I will admit that we have had some proper winter weather, right up to last week where I am, so the gritters have had a bit of a hey day throwing what feels, and sounds, like boulders which contain a built in rusting agent at my new, in white, car. I have learned to live with this knowing that if it were not for these hero's I may have alternatively 'fallen off the road', added to this I have pressure washed my vehicle as often as possible in order to save it from a slow rusting death.

Just when you thought it was all over here I am travelling home from work Saturday evening when I come across the deadly scourge all over the road, and proper thick having just been laid. I could feel it through my very soul attacking the underneath of my car and blistering my alloys at every revolution. It was 4°C and heavy rain due later in the night - whaaaaaaat! :angry: I caught up with the offending filth spreader and expected to catch the lot upon my now already salty bonnet. Luckily it continued at a roundabout to double back and layer the nutritional cow feed on the road it had just been on so I made my escape and got back on proper, untreated, clean, nice, tarmac. This remained so for another twenty miles until I got home, in the same weather :neutral:

Was this another example of some overtime before Spring ?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I have a friend that selects people's food for deliveries etc.

Based on that alone I would never order one :wink:

Here's my whinge for today:

Joey Barton. (On every level possible.)

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@jumpsuit 

Curses, you just pipped my new whinge !