Join now - be part of our community!

The Whinge Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Whinge Thread

Im going to start off with the topic we all like to have a whinge and a moan about. 

The BBC

Whats the point of a 24 hour News channel when they simulcast everything on BBC1 > BBC1HD and interupt normal programming for what one would call news.

50 REPLIES 50
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

LOL.., I didn't email you about it, I just noticed your whinge post here.

Have you told TT that you won't be renewing your contract? Best check if not in case it's an auto-renewal. Plusnet are pretty good about these things, most likely if you explain your position they can change the activation date.

Oh joy, we get free calls to each other with Plusnet  :slight_smile: Now you've got no excuses for not phoning me to say hi. :slight_smile:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might to that - change activation date to a few days later - thanks for the tip.

Went with phone too - Anytime international 300 (unlimited uk local, 300 mins to 35 international destinations).  so its free for me to call you anyhow. :wink:  (except mobile that is)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MK_Slinky wrote:

Now you've got no excuses for not phoning me to say hi. :slight_smile:

I do.  I lost ur landline number :D.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess the DailyFail hates another side of the arguement.  Lol.

Censoring only to fit their attack agenda.

_20160506_050342.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

:cry: :angry: :cry: 

My router died!  One month out of warranty.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Now i have very limited access to the internet for a week!

:cry: :angry: :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I'm sorry, I couldnt read that last post as you were offline :yahoo:

Anonymous
Not applicable

!!!! I HATE COMMUNAL AERIALS !!!!

Had 🔌 cut to the block of flats I live in yesterday - only for 60 seconds.  Power comes back on and I have little to NO Freeview reception. 

My whinge of today

profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

My local Tesco always seem to run out of San Pellegrino cans of lemonade... Every time I go in. 😞

There's my whinge lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL @JapanMan2

I got a fine from the NHS last Saturday (for visiting the dentist) - They have it on record that I am getting JSA (Job Seekers Allowance) and that I now no longer get it.  I sent them a nice (and sarcastic reply back!) - stating its now Universal Credit and to check their records again.  But was mightly angry at their accusational letter though!

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

No one has had a whinge for a while, I'm quite good at it so I thought I would just mention to those of us that only view council telly (Freeview as they call it) whether or not it is worth setting up the channel list following the constant changes they insist on making. Following the latest changes I have had to delete and re-order the programs on my list no less than three times (and this applies to two televisions) over three nights until finally they stopped re-appearing as if by magic like the shop keeper on a well known children's program.

I wouldn't care but I have my digital updates set to 'off' to prevent this very thing :unamused: I would much rather manually update channel by channel than be overrun by the freeview bods having a laugh whilst I am trying to eat my dinner in front of the ever expanding EPG.

If it ain't broke don't fix it