Join now - be part of our community!

TV shows.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

TV shows.

We had a Netflix thread recently with some TV recommendations so i thought we should have a dedicated TV thread!

I've been watching the last series of Dexter. Can't say I've been too impressed with it but it looks like the direction they are going for the ending is taking shape.

I'm a big fan of panel shows, so 8 Out of 10 Cats and Would i Lie to You, having gone to see both being recorded. A League Of Their Own being another good one. Any fans?

Breaking Bad is on my to watch list.

Have you been watching anything good lately? Or is there anything on TV on the weekend/through the week you would reccommend us watching?

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Too many to keep up with, although I am very excited (more than I thought I would be) about Saturdays Dr Who. The beeb are even showing it in 3D I believe.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to like Dr Who, but an Xmas special a couple of years ago, lost it for me.  The flying Sharks was my limit im afraid.  As well David Tennant leaving - sadly missed as far as im concerned.

Anyone know of the series Falling Skies and Eureka?  Are they any good?

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

I've never been into Dr Who. 

The first season of Falling Skies is great. Second season was too. S3 fell apart a bit but we'll see where it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Falling Skies it is.  :slight_smile:  Had enough of Farscape.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

All these are approved by Catmambo :thumbsup: - kiss goodbye to your spare time

• House of Cards
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Walking Dead
  • The Shield
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • The Bridge (Broen) - The original Swedish/Danish one rather than the US remake  
  • Breaking Bad - No-one I've introduced this to has not become hooked.
  • Curb your Enthusiasm
  • Thick of It -  Missed this first time around, but best British comedy since Fawlty Towers
  • The Pacific (Most expensive Mini series ever made)
  • Band of Brothers
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just watched the first episode of the TV show "Benefits Street".  I wanted to see what the fuss is about, and my gawd, what a god awful program that is.  Should be renamed "Criminal Street". 

If anyone really seriously thinks that this is an accurate portrayal of "life on benefits", I suggest you stop reading the trashing tabloids like the Daily Mail and The Sun.

Disgraceful opportunism which screams "setup" of a subset of society.  C4 needs to be on the "naughty step".

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

@Catmambo wrote:

All these are approved by Catmambo :thumbsup: - kiss goodbye to your spare time

• House of Cards
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Walking Dead
  • The Shield
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • The Bridge (Broen) - The original Swedish/Danish one rather than the US remake  
  • Breaking Bad - No-one I've introduced this to has not become hooked.
  • Curb your Enthusiasm
  • Thick of It -  Missed this first time around, but best British comedy since Fawlty Towers
  • The Pacific (Most expensive Mini series ever made)
  • Band of Brothers

I have only seen Walking Dead and Curb from this list. Breaking Bad is on my watchlist. 

Have been enjoying Arrow and Grimm lately. Neither are anything special and it's more a you like one episode you'll most likely like them all thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I loved Breaking Bad - Brilliant show.

A couple of other that are also brilliant

• Game Of Thrones
  • Revolution

Oh did I mention Game of Thrones?  :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

I watched the first season of GoT but wasn't as into it as everyone else is. 

Revolution is an odd one. I don't really like it but i still watch every week, usually skipping through a lot of the slow bits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another one for you (and others), if you have not seen it, watch the 3 series Spartacus.  Its definately worh the watch, but be warned of the strong language and nudity