Join now - be part of our community!

WARNING SONY YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!

jeremymc1974

WARNING SONY YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!

Hi all, I just want to make people aware of how bad Sony uk has treated me and my disabled son. My son had a 8 month old Sony Z3 that was sold to us as waterproof down to a meter as demonstrated by the Sony stand in the Trafford centre. My son is disabled and just about got to grips with the phone and he loved it and took it everywhere with him. He keep it in a protective case and as you would expect the phone had a small amount of dust under the case so I removed the case for him and washed the phone in the sink for around 30 seconds with all flaps closed during this time the phone somehow failed due to water ingress and my son got very very upset because he lost all he photos from the variety club meetings that he always attends. I called Sony who eventually asked me to to fill out an online request for service and then I should get an email asking me to post out the phone to- SBE Ltd Freepost NAT19593 Ashford Kent TN23 7BR. Eventually the email arrived after numerous phone calls to Sony's premium rate number so my wife who is a custody sergeant for the police wrapped the handset in bubble wrap along with a letter explaining the fault and then placed it into a padded envelope. Sometime later I received an email asking for £300 to repair the handset, so I called Sony again who were very rude and said eventually that the handset has been smashed into many parts and suggested my wife and myself are liars and that the handset had been send already destroyed, I asked for evidence of the packaging and the letter to see if there was any damage to it but Sony and SBE were unable to provide this, they said it had been deposed of (very conveniently) I was shoked by this and said, how do I know it was not destoryed by SBE or in transit the agent said Sony “WILL NOT REPLACE THE HANDSET, IT IS POSTED/COURIERED AT YOUR RISK” and that by posting it out we had somehow agreed to this in Sony's repair terms and conditions and that the quote for £300 is for a new handset, after sometime on the phone and not getting anywhere the call agent agreed that the only way to guaranty the security of the handset is to hand deliver it SEB in Kent and not to post it. After this I will never buy another Sony product as im sure you will agree.

repair order 1-22546533883

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

A family member had a problem with a S3 and was advised that water damage was not covered by warranty and if she wanted her phone repaired it would be at her expense. Very odd response for a waterproof mobile phone. 

Sony mobile phones & tablets have there own dedicated community so it may be more beneficial to post this message there. 

Here is a link to the Sony Xperia Support Community should you wish to visit. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In addition to what nobody-in-particularvsaid above, i have flagged your post for Sony's attention to see if they can have another look into your case/issue.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

That is very helpful of you Quinnicus. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nobody-in-particular  Your welcome :slight_smile:

As i cant PM you, we do appreciate your efforts in helping out this community :thumbsup:

Also, in regards to another post - double post when we both replied to a subject near the same time, ive explained this issue with MK_Slinky.

Cheers

jeremymc1974

thank you very much, is ther anyway to add an image to my post?

jeremymc1974

The phone was wrapped in a A4 letter with the faults listed and our return address then placed in a  thick tight bubble wrap envelope.. Sony after 2 weeks sent me the phone images and said i had posted it like this and there was no evidence to say it was damaged by SBE or in transit, today i called SBE and they sent me the scan of the letter that we had enclosed so i have added the phone image to the image of the letter sent and its clear to me that its been damaged in the packaging (see attached). The A4 letter was folded around the handset as you can tell, this can be seen with the orange lines. The green lines on the letter follow the bend in the phone above. As the back of the phone is glass i expect the possible case of the tair in the paper is something to do with this. Now we have more evidence in my eyes its easy to asses that this damage has happened while not in out possession.image showing folds and damage1.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Yes you can add an image to a post either by clicking on the picture icon (two icons to the right of the Smiley face) in the tool bar above, then click on Choose file and the select the image you want to add. Once the image is selected click ion the insert image button. 

jeremymc1974

can someone please help

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Did you post a message in the Xperia Support Community?