Join now - be part of our community!

WARNING SONY YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!

jeremymc1974

WARNING SONY YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!

Hi all, I just want to make people aware of how bad Sony uk has treated me and my disabled son. My son had a 8 month old Sony Z3 that was sold to us as waterproof down to a meter as demonstrated by the Sony stand in the Trafford centre. My son is disabled and just about got to grips with the phone and he loved it and took it everywhere with him. He keep it in a protective case and as you would expect the phone had a small amount of dust under the case so I removed the case for him and washed the phone in the sink for around 30 seconds with all flaps closed during this time the phone somehow failed due to water ingress and my son got very very upset because he lost all he photos from the variety club meetings that he always attends. I called Sony who eventually asked me to to fill out an online request for service and then I should get an email asking me to post out the phone to- SBE Ltd Freepost NAT19593 Ashford Kent TN23 7BR. Eventually the email arrived after numerous phone calls to Sony's premium rate number so my wife who is a custody sergeant for the police wrapped the handset in bubble wrap along with a letter explaining the fault and then placed it into a padded envelope. Sometime later I received an email asking for £300 to repair the handset, so I called Sony again who were very rude and said eventually that the handset has been smashed into many parts and suggested my wife and myself are liars and that the handset had been send already destroyed, I asked for evidence of the packaging and the letter to see if there was any damage to it but Sony and SBE were unable to provide this, they said it had been deposed of (very conveniently) I was shoked by this and said, how do I know it was not destoryed by SBE or in transit the agent said Sony “WILL NOT REPLACE THE HANDSET, IT IS POSTED/COURIERED AT YOUR RISK” and that by posting it out we had somehow agreed to this in Sony's repair terms and conditions and that the quote for £300 is for a new handset, after sometime on the phone and not getting anywhere the call agent agreed that the only way to guaranty the security of the handset is to hand deliver it SEB in Kent and not to post it. After this I will never buy another Sony product as im sure you will agree.

repair order 1-22546533883

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.GB.title
Alienoo7
New

Have you checked and demanded your staturty rights.. ?

profile.country.GB.title
lavender6464
Explorer

they have always one and the same argument:warranty does not cover mechanical damahes such as cracked screens.and I have no wat to prove that I posted my handset intact

profile.country.GB.title
howardclegg

I am currently having the same issue and the "Xperia repair centre" in Gateshead have been crap. I logged the issue while it was still in warranty and I was asked to send it back in for a warranty repair, while still i warranty. It's a Z5 Compact with a failty USB charging port. Now I cannot see my warranty info on my device when I log in. Sony Mobile have been crap to deal with and getting hold of someone who can help has been a joke so far.

This has been the worst customer service I have ever received from a company.

profile.country.GB.title
tonybg67
Explorer

having same sort of problems , sony will not respond after being told my device is damgaged in 2 places after sending it for software issue at SBE in perfect condition . have quoted for damage but not even looked in to the problem it was sent in for . will not return or repair the phone until instructed by Sony but i cannot speak the neccesary person at sony. Rock and hard place springs to mind . After reading reviews on the repair centre i wish i had never sent it to them .

profile.country.PL.title
Agnieszka_J

Hello @tonybg67,

I have flagged your post to our Support centre, to see if they can look into it for you. We will let you know of any progress.

Best wishes,

Agnieszka_J

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

I was of the impression that this Sony community does not support mobile phones.
If you are looking for mobile phone support then you should probably use their dedicated mobile community - https://talk.sonymobile.com/
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Nobody-in-particular very eloquently put :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
howardclegg

We would, but they don't respond. I posted a reply to the original poster as I was in the same boat.

Sorry if it's the wrong forum.

profile.country.GB.title
howardclegg

For anyone having issues with Sony Mobile & Xperia Care, I had my issue resolved after I sent a letter to Sony Mobile UK at their Head Office.

There address is;

Sony Mobile UK

Building 10, Floor2, (Chiswick Park)
566 Chiswick High Rd., London
W4 5XS
United Kingdom

I sent a copy of my letter to "The CEO" and I also sent a copy to "The Customer Service Director" at the same address. I never got a direct reply, but I did get a call from someone senior at Xperia Care who apologised for the issue and ot it fixed and returned to me under warranty.

Good luck to you all.

(Admin's/Forum Staff, please feel free to copy this to the right forum but please leave this here for other's to see. If they see this and it helps them and also stops them posting on the wrong forum as their query has been solved, it helps you too).

Many thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Awfuladvicesony
Explorer

So this complaint started out just as a pure hatred of SBE UK LTD and to make sure that no one ever sends their products here as they are purely out for money nothing more, but its now progressed to my hatred of Sony themselves.

After my smartwatch3 (which I was very happy with) incurred a SOFTWARE!!!!!!! fault in which the watch was suck on the boot screen (I could have fixed this my self due to rooting etc but decided against this as I thought Sony was a reputable company) I asked for help in their customer service messager service, after deciding that it was needed to be sent away I was happy to do so as I thought Sony would have a very good service Centre in the uk so I just took the details of the place I was meant to send it to, which was provided by the Sony customer care team with the fact they were reputable and of a high quality. My smartwatch 3 (which cost £99 from Curry's about 2ish yrs ago) was shipped via royal mail wrapped in bubblewrap and a letter describing the SOFTWARE!!!! fault was placed into a jiffy bag and sent registered post and insured for £50 which cost a little less than £5 to this Sony Advised Centre in Kent a quick glance at the name SBE (I assumed SBE was some sort of acronym of Sony ..... Electronics) I recieved a letter after 7 days saying it has a BLUETOOTH AND SOFTWARE ISSUE and I have 3 choices let them destroy it, Pay 3 TIMES what I paid to send it to them to get it back or pay the £84 to repair a watch that cost the bloody same over 2yrs ago. So I then searched this company and found that they are an horrific company and that ALL mobile technology companies reccomend this vile company to repair the junk they can't be bothered with. So I came here to join this conversation only to spend approx 30 mins trying to get passed your god awful captcha program which I think is designed to make people either give up the joining process or just the will to live (I was getting close to the latter).

So I leave this rant with only a couple of things Sony, stop recommending this company to repair your items as 5 sec search of the guru that is Google will show you they are a purely despicable company that is probably being run by Gru and his Minions and to change the way your Captcha and signup process works before someone gets even more annoyed than me.

In short SBE UK LTD ARE A GOD AWFUL COMPANY AND YOU BETTER LET A STRANGER ON THE STREET LOOK AT YOUR TECH AS ITS PROBABLY GOT A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING FIXED AT A REASONABLE RATE