Join now - be part of our community!

Who to contact about cashback payment???

cherylswan83

Who to contact about cashback payment???

I haven't received my £50 cashback for a lens I have bought. I provided the invoice and have received email stating they would pay it into my account within 5 days, but that was a month a go now. Getting hold of anyone to ask about this is a complete nightmare. I'm starting to feel a little ripped off...

Any help?

23 REPLIES 23
Chrispy560
Explorer

Hi,

After giving customer services a reasonably hard time yesterday (0207 365 2810 I think I got through by selecting Cameras then Service on the menu system) they said they would look to try and escalate the issue. A few hours later an email arrived to say the payment would be made within 5 days... I will let you know when/if it arrives.

cherylswan83

Ha good luck with that. I've had that email before. Fingers crossed for you.

Mine has just got even worse and I'm so angry right now. They've just sent me an email claiming they have paid me on the 14th of August. I have bank statements to prove the money hasn't gone in and the best part was they only ever emailed me on the 19th August to confirm I would get paid 5 days after then. So now they've decided to just outright lie instead of doing the right thing. Bye bye Sony products in the future for me.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying something because of a cashback offer is DON'T DO IIIITTTTTT!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cherylswan83 

I have reported your comment to Sony as an escalation to investigate your issue as this is not acceptable in my opinion.  Someone should contact you next week. Please keep us informed how it goes. :slight_smile:

Cheers

cherylswan83

Thank you for you for your help with this. I never knew it would be this hard to get money back or I wouldn't had bothered in the first place buying the lens. Hopefully it gets sorted. I'll keep you posted. Cheers again 

Chrispy560
Explorer

Hi again,

Just an update. after receiving the email saying payment would be made within 5 working days, guess what NO payment has been made. I will try again with customer services, wish me luck.

Chrispy560
Explorer

OK the cashback is here! Deposited this week.

cherylswan83

Oh well done you!!! Wish I could say I've had the same luck 😞

cherylswan83

Quinnicus, did you manage to find anything out from Sony for me?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cherylswan83

I have sent you a PM (private message), however from my understanding someone should have contacted you by now.  Im assuming that the have not?

Cheers

cherylswan83

Picture1.png

Shock horror, this is the fifth day (again) and still no money!!!