Join now - be part of our community!

Bad sound from SRS X88 after update

antonio129
Explorer

Bad sound from SRS X88 after update

My SRS-X88 is giving quite bad performances after the last firmware update (1.60.2935).
I had the X88 for about 5 months, bought it off amazon, where I read that the update could cause some issue with the audio.
My fyancee downloaded the new app (the one not called songpal, the new one),  and proceeded to update it without telling. Today I turned it on and the audio is definitely cranky and without any bass.
Furthermore I noticed that on the bluetooth devices it has been renamed SRS-X99 (99 instead of 88).

Please help on what to do, I'd rather not return it on amazon as it used to work just fine until today.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please post a screenshot or photo of the X88 stating its the SRS-X99 for bluetooth etc. 

The reason I ask is that the previous firmware released on 14-09-2016, made the SRS-X88 think it was the SRS-X99 - of which caused various sound and functional issues.  It could only be fixed by a Sony Service centre fix.

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/portable-audio/x88-volume-adjustment-sound-and-eq-issues/m-p/2227124

So, its either the firmware that was updated then thats still causing an issue - or Sony screwed up again.

Cheers

antonio129
Explorer

Not sure how to attach screenshots, so here's the gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/wiQjQ

Thing is, I'm pretty positive it showed as X88 before, and the firmware isn't the one you mentioned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have reported your issue to Sony Support for them to investigate and get back to you - as I dont think we can help you too much on this forum.  Sounds more like a firmware/hardware issue.

Please let me know how you get on - and likewise, if I hear anything ill post back too.

Cheers

antonio129
Explorer

Thanks mate. I will keep you posted.

I also tried to do a simple downgrade but it didn't work out at the first attempt so I gave up fearing to brick it.