Can anybody help me with this?

greetz

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I cannot find "FW Error" in the manual.  It has "Update error", which is:

UPDATE ERROR
The system cannot update the software. Turn off the system, and then turn it on again. The system will try to update the software. If the same message appears, contact your nearest Sony dealer.

You could try a reset:

Hifi System - Reset.jpg

If that fails to work, you might want to consider contacting an authorised Sony repair centre and get it looked at:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

Shrofc10
New

Same problem with a CMT-BT60B. After 3 years of use it failed during an automatic update and now will not get past the "FW Error" message on power up. There is NO mention of this in the manual, and the very helpful man on the Sony Customer Care line was not able to help either. The combination of button presses mentioned in the manual fails to do a reset.  I was quoted £60 (non refunded) by a Sony recommended repairer just to look at it so I will simply take it to the rubbish tip and not bother wasting any more money on anything Sony ever again. An expensive piece of kit should at least be able to recover from a failed software update when no user interaction required or possible. I can only assume that Sony's user testing is not comprehensive. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Shrofc10

I read your other post about this yesterday too.  I have escalated your complaint to Sony in the hopes they can offer a better solution to ensure that you are happier.  If it is indeed a FW Error due to failed update, I would hope that Sony has a responsibility to assist further.  Let me know how things go.

Cheers

And the same problem with my CMT-V75BTiP. It only worked for a year or so, then this "FW ERROR". It has been in the cupboard since, I should probably just throw it away now. There is no help in the manual, and nothing I can find online. I like SONY normally, but this is just an expensive piece of garbage. If they had any moral guts, they would reply to these posts and offer a free repair or replacement.

Shrofc10
New

Sony have very kindly offered me a full refund for the device after I sent
it back to them. Try it yourself.