Join now - be part of our community!

Dream Machine ICF-CL75iP - cant change date?

profile.country.en_GB.title
lee_m_a
Visitor

Dream Machine ICF-CL75iP - cant change date?

Hi all,

Had product in question for a while, always had issues with crashing. However, after the last crash now I cannot set time, date etc on the first screen. Even when trying to amend and confirming by pressing enter the numbers default. Anyone else had this problem? Obviously the problem makes the product unusable. Is it possible to do some sort of master reset?

Any help much obliged! If anyone needs more info just reply and Ill do my best!

Cheers!

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Cheezpie
Explorer

Don't know if its just coincidence, i have turned "Auto Summer Time" off and it has let me alter the time and date, just testing how long it works for????
profile.country.GB.title
Cheezpie
Explorer

Didn't last long, its now in the bin.

profile.country.de_AT.title
guenter.fritz
Explorer

Just to let you know, my unit is still in daily use. Since I've fixed it as shown in my previous post there've been no more issues 🙂

Hi 

I have a dream machine IFC-cl75ip it has crashed 6 times this time ti will not turn back on what can I do

Chris

scotiangold
Explorer

Thanks to guenter.fritz, I fixed my dream machine.  Mine wasn't as melted as his was, but the melted plastic did run down into the micro chip below.  As best as I can guess, the plastic sliver was placed below the silver cylinder circuit thing (don't know what it is) as some sort of heat shield, but it melted instead.  Really bad choice on sony's part.  I scratched most of it off, especially around the solder joints and IC connector points the best i could with a toothpick and a blade careful not to break any contacts, swabbed with alcohol, reassembled and it works!!!  I guess I'll see if it was worth the effort.  I like the alarm clock, innovative for its age.  Hard to imagine that a tiny defective circuit could ruin an otherwise product and harder to believe Sony chose to ignore the problem despite all the evidence.  Anyway, if you are inclined as I was to take it apart, there are a lot of screws and the top behind the snooze button doesn't like to let go.  There are several plugs and cables to pull to get proper access.  The metalic one going to the screen has a tab you have to lift before you can pull it out.  

i'm sure most people will just chuck the thing in the trash, but I like to tinker. 

Spoiler
:slight_smile:

scotiangold
Explorer

I did it and it worked for me.  The plastic that melted was underneath the cylindrical thing and ran down to the other circuits.  I scratched it off with a toothpick and knife as best I could and cleaned the area with a swab dipped in alcohol and it worked.  An obvious design flaw.

thanks gunter.

scotiangold
Explorer

I had to slide a knife in there and it eventyally popped apart.