Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
spoysers
Visitor

@Hailsham26

Just as a double check try this.

First find out the IP address of you Gigajuke, this will take the form 192.168.XXX.YYY

To do this press 'settings' on the remote, from the menu that appears select Network setting (top item), then select Manual setting, then select Wireless LAN setting, then select Address setting, this should give you a screen full of numbers, the IP Address is the second item in the list, the one starting with 192.168.

Then from an internet browser running on a computer on the same network as the Gigajuke, type the following into the address bar:

http://192.168.XXX.YYY:64321/MediaServer.xml

This IS case sensitive and DO NOT enter leading zeros, eg

http://192.168.001.56:64321/MediaServer.xml

Fill in the XXX and YYY with your numbers, hit enter and you should get a page full of information about your GigaJuke, again this indicates that your main unit is functioning correctly.

To get back to the main menu, just keep selecting Close from each screen.

If you get stuck at any point or the menus aren't as I described don't worry, just keep selecting close and we can move on to see why the extender isn't working.

hailsham26
New

We are doing Steve don't worry.

I had already thought the same thing myself as I can not be the only person having probs.

It means those of you who are 'tech capable' can help those of us that aren't.

What a shame Sony don't feel the need to contribute.

They probably feel thay have fulfilled their commitment.

As a test iI rang their cust services again under an assumed name and they are none the wiser in the 'customer services' dept.

No mention of an ongoing problem or an alleged fix.

POOR SHOW

Am going to try spoysers next suggestion later this afternoon will post back later on.

StartTheCar
Contributor

Morning

Sorry I haven’t been able to follow up on my previous post any sooner.  I have managed (more or less) to keep up to date with all the PM's.  Feel free to continue to e-mail me your specific issues and I will pass them onto to team here who can then contact your directly and get your specific units up and running (be sure to include the model, e-mail and phone number). 

Those who have already e-mailed me, I will drop you a mail today asking for any details I need to forward your case on.

While I fully appreciate the underlying frustration at our apparent lack of activity and frequency of my posts, it is important to remember that there are other issues and customers that also need our attention.

As I said before, this forum was always designed to enable our customers to talk and help each other out.  This thread is a fine example of this in action  In fact, the vast majority of questions raised on this forum are answered by other members of the community.  When you consider the scale of the forum and the complexity of some of the questions, this is really rather brilliant and more than justifies our decision to launch it.

Anyway, I have our Gigajuke ‘expert’ (not an official title) ready to reply to any e-mails I send him about setting them up post ‘fix’.  It might not be an instant response, but we will get round to all of them as soon as we can.

Regards
Lee

SteveJudd
Visitor

Lee, Thanks for the update.

Some specific questions I have for your "Expert" (never liked that title, it set them up to be shot down straight away :slight_smile: )

1) Why are some of the same model Gigajukes on different version of Software (v1.0.0 or v1.0.1)?

2) What is the difference between the versions? Release notes?

3) How do you upgrade v1 to v1.01 if you feel inclined?

4) How do the Gigajukes know they are connected to the Internet?

5) Specific for me - How do the service agents obtain an image of  the software and how do they apply this in the event of a Hard drive failure. (My brothers unit has been with a Sony agent for 3 months with this issue)

I'm sure others have many more questions.

spoysers
Visitor

Steve,

5) Specific for me - How do the service agents obtain an image of  the software and how do they apply this in the event of a Hard drive failure. (My brothers unit has been with a Sony agent for 3 months with this issue)

Same thing happened to me (albeit 18 months ago), it took the agents about 2 weeks to get it back to me, most of that time was them waiting for the hard drive itself.

Ironically when they first returned it to me it turned out they had installed the European version of the software and so there was no DAB functionality, it was quite wierd 'cos the main screen appeared and I looked at it thinking that doesn't look right, took me a good few minutes to realize that there were only 2 icons in the middle column!!

It then went back but still only took a few days to get sorted.

I should also point out it cost in excess of £200 to be fixed!!

hailsham26
New

Hi spoysers from my comp I got in the black box the following info:

pinging 192.168.111.2 with 32 bytes of data:

request timed out

request timed out

request timed out

ping statisticts for 192.168.111.2:

packets sent:4,recieved=0, lost=4,(100%loss),

c:\Users\OUR>

when I set the server to auto select it just says ;

auto select is off and then itgoes back to the :

GIGA JUKE

wireless player

page with the rotating boxes

I am assuming that this means it isnt finding ANY wireless network?

As was suggested by Steve judd lets keep this on the forum - If anyone else thinks its a bad idea they can say-it means that if anyone else is having a similar problem they can use this info too.

thanks agian for all your help

rachel

spoysers
Visitor

I removed my previous instructions (for now), as I thought this might work and is certainly less effort!

Just realized what you meant by the rotating boxes, and what can cause it!

So can you try this first.

Select "Settings" on the extender box, scroll down and select Network setting, then select Manual Setting, followed by "Connection Setting", followed by AOSS (this is the Sony router option), then follow the on screen instructions.

spoysers
Visitor

In that  case yes, time to ditch the AOSS thingy!

First can you check the IP address again, as normally the 3rd number is a 0 or a 1.

If it is correct then the fact that you can't ping it (and like you said earlier it isn't showing on your PC) suggests the Gigajuke isn't on your network.

So time to remove the Sony router from the equation and connect straight to your broadband wireless router.

So, from the main page, select "Settings" on the remote, then select "Network Setting" from the menu, then select "Manual Setting"

Then select "Wireless LAN Setting", followed by "Access point setting"

The select "Search for available access point", this should then scan for available wireless networks and after about 30 seconds bring up a list of the ones found, select your network.

This should then bring up a screen where you need to enter your security key (assuming you have one), if you have one enter it in the 3rd box down (this can be fiddly on the remote but just take it slowly and make sure you get it right) then select save, if you don't have one just select Save.

This should then bring up a box saying "Applying to system" and after about 10-20 seconds it should finish and go back to the "Access point setting" page. Your Gigajuke should now be connected directly (wirelessy) to your router and should be on you home network.

Select Close, then select "Check Network Status", then select "Execute", all the items should say OK except 2 that are Not Used and the last one which is a number like 00:1D:73:04:8E:33, close this window.

Select "Address Setting", and make a note of the IP address, now press "Home" on the remote to get back to the main screen.

Now try to ping this IP address like I describe in the previous post and let me know what happens (also check if you can see it on your computer)

hailsham26
New

Ah bless I have already tried this before but did it agian just incase!! but sadly it said the same thing as last time:

An error occurred whilst transferring AOSS imformation am going with your earlier post and trying to disconnect the sony router, I still have your earlier [ost as email !!LOL will report back later as to how i get on

ok i have removed the sony router and it can not find my netgear router.so it isnt even picking up the router that i am using wirelessly sitting next to it !!

have checked my ip address and is def as i said 192.168.111.2  or 002 whatever way you take it.

since diconnecting my sony router the ip address is now 000.000.000.000

dont know if this is relevant but my home  netgear router has the IP address of :

Lan : 192.168.0.1

there is lots of other stuff on the page but I do not know if any of it is relevant

Rachel

Message was edited by: hailsham26

SteveJudd
Visitor

Luckily his and mine are under extended warranty :wink: