Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
profile.country.en_IE.title
Bramble7a
Visitor

TO SONY !!!!!  Could somebody from Sony monitor tis forum and get off their backside and sort out this problem. It is bad enough selling us all a product that is a disgrace to the Sony name (and should never have been launched on an unfortunate public). It is worse that no interest is shown in sorting out the problem.   GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDES NOW!

HDFatboy96
Visitor

As above, thanks for the update.

Sounds like, at least now, Sony have agreed there is an issue here, even though it appears to have taken them over a fortnight to do so. There's nothing more frustrating than ringing for help only to be told it isn't a known issue and to take it in for repair when according to the dozen or so who have mailed on here there obviously is. (we're not all that stupid!)

I guess the ball is now squarely in Sonys court so we'll have to see where it goes from here....

Brambles mail shows exactly how we're feeling. I'm sure theres something in the Sale of Goods Act which says that an item should be 'fit for purpose' for a reasonable amount of time and I'm fairly sure this thing falls short on both!

I have mailed 'Watchdog', maybe a few more might help?

Message was edited by: HDFatboy96

Message was edited by: HDFatboy96

Leftie1
Visitor

Hi - Just refistered as I just found this post and have experienced the exact same problem i.e. not being able to start properly. I also could not get the software update to work and neither could the local Sony Centre who had looked today at the problem. Thank goodness someone in Sony has identified the problem at least .... heres hoping that this forum gets the update back from them soon. Watching this space ....

Thanks guys for raising it

Message was edited by: Leftie1

Message was edited by: Leftie1

alralph15
Visitor

HI,

I did contact  HiFi news and record review, and emailed a link to this forum and they are quite keen to look at issues like this where you are at the mercy of the manufacturer, and if it goes wrong in terms of long term support or 3rd party support you end up with a very expensive but totally useless "brick".

regards

Alan

Message was edited by: alralph15

Message was edited by: alralph15

alanh8
Visitor

Have to say, same problem here and indeed it started a few weeks ago.

I'm particularly disappointed that Sony have said they've never released any updates for this product. It could have useful features added and it has the software update facility, but it's never been used. Sigh.

So ultimately now, waiting for a fix from Sony for this problem of not shutting down.

HDFatboy96
Visitor

Thanks Northerncooch

See, Sony can do it when they have to....

At last it seems like a solution is on the way. Now... if only we'd been told a little earlier when it was obvious something was amiss I for one would have saved hours and hours of resetting, going through manuals and trawling the internet for answers. Thats without the possible damage caused to the unit by constantly switching it on and off at the mains!

I appreciate this still looks like a rant but I am genuinely relieved Sony are, finally, on board with the rest of us!

Cheers all.............

alralph15
Visitor

Would be nice if Sony gave us a sweetner by including Flac in addition to MP3 or some other lossless format.

Alan

niwilfo
Explorer

I have had the problem for about 4 weeks. What ever I try the syetm locks again afterr a few days. Local service centre pass the following comment from Sony about a week ago

"We currently have no solution to the problem as we  cannot reproduce the error"

alanh8
Visitor

Tend to agree here.

The GigaJuke has essentially turned into an expensive brick here.

Most of the settings don't work anymore as I can't apply them either, the network settings just continually goes round in circles and thus I can't get network connectivity anymore either, even if I wanted to do an update !

-Cass-
Explorer

thread.escalate.auto.reply.message.text