Join now - be part of our community!

PS-LX310BT

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
badavis93
New

PS-LX310BT

I recently bought a PS-LX310BT Bluetooth turntable and have successfully paired and played records through my Bluetooth headphones, Bose Bluetooth speaker and though my Sony hi-fi system using the phono output.  

I had hoped that it might also pair and play through my laptop in the hope that, rather cheekily, I could download tracks onto the laptops hard drive. I have tried 2 laptops (Windows 10 & Apple) but it won't pair.  Interestingly my smart TV will pair but tries to play through the turntable (wrong way round).

I've downloaded the Audacity software but so far no luck.  Is it simply not possible to play though a computer or an I missing something?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @badavis93,

not sure how you would use the turntable as an input via bluetooth. As far as I am concerned audio devices you connect to your notebook can only be playback devices (headphones speakers) but not audio sources (like your turntable).

What speaks against a wired connection to the computer? Does it have a microphone input (3.5mm)?

- Nic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @badavis93,

not sure how you would use the turntable as an input via bluetooth. As far as I am concerned audio devices you connect to your notebook can only be playback devices (headphones speakers) but not audio sources (like your turntable).

What speaks against a wired connection to the computer? Does it have a microphone input (3.5mm)?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
badavis93
New

Hi Nic

Yes, your right.  Pity the PS-LX310BT has no output suitable for a USB input to my notebook.  Guess I'l have to buy a Line/Phono preamps to digital converter.  Any recommendations for a reasonable priced one?