Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Shake 33 Bluetooth connectivity

SOLVED
r011ingthunder
Explorer

Sony Shake 33 Bluetooth connectivity

Hi,

I cannot get my Sony Shake 33 to connect via bluetooth to my PC.  My smartphone can connect to both the Shake 33 and the PC, but the PC and the Shake 33 cannot connect, nor can they even "see" each other.  Has anyone any idea what might be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a better look into this, and the more i do the more im convinced its not supposed to work using bluetooth via a PC.

So, going back to the drawing board as they say, using the Occam's Razor principle - simplest answer is usually the correct one....

To connect a PC to the Shake 33, you will need a cable - 3.5mm to RCA.  Approx price £2 - £5.  Connect this to the headphone/line out on the PC to the RCA ports on the Shake 33.

_20160410_211049.JPG

According to the manual:

_20160410_210944.JPG

_20160410_211018.JPG

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What distance is the Shake away from the PC, as bluetooth is good for 10meters at most

Also, check what Bluetooth profiles your PC supports?  

The Shake 33 supports:

• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
  • AVRCP 1.3 (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)
  • SPP (Serial Port Profile)

Cheers

r011ingthunder
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks a million for your reply.

The PC and the Shake are only 2 metres apart, possibly less depending on where the Bluetooth is broadcast / received in both.

I'm on a steep learning curve here regarding Bluetooth.  I've had to do some research online to find out how to answer you regarding the PCs bluetooth profiles, and I'm still not sure I'll be answering correctly.

Firstly, if you look below, this is all that appears in Device Manager.  According to what I've read online, 802.11n is Bluetooth 3?  Is that correct?  Also, according to what I've read online there should be a Bluetooth Radio entry under Bluetooth, is that correct?

Does that answer your questions?

Oh if it matters I'm running Windows 10

Thanks again for the reply.

Bluetooth in Device Manager

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a better look into this, and the more i do the more im convinced its not supposed to work using bluetooth via a PC.

So, going back to the drawing board as they say, using the Occam's Razor principle - simplest answer is usually the correct one....

To connect a PC to the Shake 33, you will need a cable - 3.5mm to RCA.  Approx price £2 - £5.  Connect this to the headphone/line out on the PC to the RCA ports on the Shake 33.

_20160410_211049.JPG

According to the manual:

_20160410_210944.JPG

_20160410_211018.JPG

Cheers

r011ingthunder
Explorer

Ah, ok thanks.

That's a pity.  I've a couple of those cables lying around, I suppose that's the best alternative to bluetooth.