Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Typical of Sony! They think we users are stupid. Just told due to service
provider updates'. Really! More like Sony not paid the bill or questioning
what they are paying to Vtuner more like! Service or updates do not take
that long! Sony should credit us users for the loss of service!
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
baz201
Explorer

I suspect SONY is considering that consumers should pay a subscription fee to access VTuner.

If so, I suggest that units would have been sold to customers under false advertising, as, when I purchased my CMT-G2BNiP Hi-Fi, there was nothing on the box to say that internet radio was only available via a subscription fee service. I specifically bought that model as it was sold promising that I would be able to access thousands of internet live streaming radio stations.

Does anyone know what VTuner has had to say about the whole fiasco?

I echo other people's comments here that the situation is completely unacceptable and a large corporation like Sony has been very tardy, unprofessional and unhelpful to consumers of their products in relation to this matter. It makes you wonder what they are hiding.

Schnoedlgans
Explorer

Hello,

here the announcement of Sony I found. The announcement on the german support site is in english, not worth (for Sony) to translate...

http://www.sony.de/support/de/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vtuner-announcement

I spent so many hours with CMT-MX750NI vtuner problems (if I would have worked in the time, I would have earned thousands of Euros!!!) in the last two years and now I am very happy that I get rid of the sh*t. Thanks to Sony.

Because of the absence of any information from Sony about CMT-MX750NI vtuner I thought, vtuner is a service that sends the IP-Address of the internet radio station to the HiFi system and memorizes it! Sorry for my stupidness. That would be more logical! So when internet radio stopped, i tried to change the channel, switched off and on, disconnected the power cord and reprogrammed internet connection (lan and wifi). Sometimes with success (now I don't know why). I think, many others try the same!

I gave the so called 'HiFi' system CMT-MX750NI as birthday present to my girlfriend because I thought:

'It's a Sony', with the name it has automatically top quality built in plus internet radio. Shame on me! Time has changed! Poor sound! Thousands of interruptions of internet radio, no automatic reconnection. Only costly. I bought the name and got the name - nothing else!

Now she uses her Iphone with bluetooth connection to my Bose Soundlink mini. Now she is happy - no interruptions. Undescibable better sound quality. Now I am happy!

Please Sony - keep vtuner down for another week - then I can throw away this 'HiFi' system!

I like best quality, so I have bought very many products of Sony but now i have to rethink.

Poor Sony!

Oh - one remark / information for your chinese translator:

HIFi is the abbreviation for high fidelity!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The announcement is also on the UK site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vtuner-announcement

I didnt post it here, as it doesnt really tell us anything that we don't already know.

Cheers

soofredin
Explorer

Hello!

Thanks for the announcement, Quinnicus.

The CMT-G2NiP is not mentioned, it's kind of weird...

RaFuWa
New

Hi
I must say I am also extremely disappointed about Sony's music service capabilities. My vTuner has been down for several days as well and I have tried everything without any success. It is not the first time that I face a disruption of this service, but usually it worked again after a period of time. The response to the recent outage is very poor. Having in mind that I am running another Internet radio in an other room without any problems since years I would like to send back the whole device to Sony. But maybe there is another magic trick that I haven't seen yet and all turns out okay in the end ....

webferret
Explorer

I also have contact with Sony Support on this matter and all they are saying is that technical support is looking into it.

I am from The Netherlands and I have a rather useless CMT-MX700NI at this moment...

The announcement about the disruption is also on Sony.nl but it doesn't mention my model.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

They do not seem to care now the equipment has been sold?
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

I'm going to try and read some positivity into their statement. Given the wording they've used I feel they are now obliged to deliver a fix. The only bit that's missing is "when". 

They may have all intentions of fixing this but absence of timeline is not acceptable. Also given the nature of this community, I struggle to see why they can't directly share updates here, rather than leaving customers doing all the legwork. Come on Sony, stick you head over the parapet. The longer you decline to work with customers, the greater our frustration. You can't blame customers for considering return of hardware if it doesn't do what it's advertised to do, and don't communicate directly with us either.

Sony's words:

As soon as we have fixed the problem, we’ll update this page to let you know the service is working again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BollyDave wrote:

As soon as we have fixed the problem, we’ll update this page to let you know the service is working again

Yes - And its answers like that, which make me bang my head on the desk.  I dont use vTuner, but when its something that I use, I want to know the ETA and what the real issue is.  All I can do is continually prompt Sony for an update - even micro-updates is what im after - but its the weekend 😞