Join now - be part of our community!

4k player but no sound when playing blu rays

profile.country.GB.title
hellkeeper123
New

4k player but no sound when playing blu rays

Hi there, I have a Panasonic UB900 4k player connected to my tv via vido out vidoe & audio as recommended in manual.  

I can play cds, dvds 4k UHD disks perfectly with sound. But when it comes down to playing normal blurays I'm having problems!  sound is fine during the start and trailiers but as soon as I press play for the movie to start I just don't get any sound at all while the movie is playing.

I tried pressing the audio button on the remote to see if that does anything and on the second press I get sound but of course you get that horrible person talking over the top of the film which I don't want.  So whats wrong? everything else I play works perfectly fine. I have no fancy surround sound system either just a sound bar which only has a optic cable into the tv theres no other sockets to connect anything else except the sub. Would appreciate some advice as this is driving me crazy and I only have two 4k uhd discs to watch :-). so want to start watching my blurays.

Thanks in advance Dominic

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please confirm if you have connected a HDMI cable from the following port on the bluray player to your TV?

panasonic_dmp-ub900_06.jpg

If so, can you please reply back with the make/model of your TV and soundbar - its hard to advise further without them.

Cheers