Join now - be part of our community!

ARC for Sony KDL50W656ASU to Sony BDV-N7200W

SOLVED

ARC for Sony KDL50W656ASU to Sony BDV-N7200W

Can anyone help me with setting up the ARC between my TV and Blu-Ray Home Cinema system.
I have tried setting up this function as per instructions given in the manuals and cannot get any sound from my tv to the home cinema unit. The manual says on the TV settings to switch sound from "tv speakers" to "audio system" which I have done and the sound should come through on the "TV" setting of the home cinema unit which it doesn't.
I've tried 3 different HDMI cables incase any were faulty but still nothing.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly, you need to connect a HDMI Cable from the TV's HDMI 1 (ARC) port to the N7200W (HDMI-OUT-ARC).  You cannot use other HDMI ports on the TV - only the one specified as ARC.  Also ensure that your HDMI cables have ARC functionality.  HDMI version 1.4.

Ensure that Bravia Sync is switched on, on the TV and N7200W (should be by default). And then set TV Speakers to Audio System.

Ensure that the N7200W is also switched ON.

If you can confirm that and it still doesnt work - please reply back.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly, you need to connect a HDMI Cable from the TV's HDMI 1 (ARC) port to the N7200W (HDMI-OUT-ARC).  You cannot use other HDMI ports on the TV - only the one specified as ARC.  Also ensure that your HDMI cables have ARC functionality.  HDMI version 1.4.

Ensure that Bravia Sync is switched on, on the TV and N7200W (should be by default). And then set TV Speakers to Audio System.

Ensure that the N7200W is also switched ON.

If you can confirm that and it still doesnt work - please reply back.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you for your quick response to my question.

The Bravia Sync was disabled.
After enabling it, it is working perfectly.

Many thanks for your help, it has been much appreciated.

Chris.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your most welcome - Glad your now up and running :slight_smile: