AV Sync Question

profile.country.en_IE.title
shay_murtagh
New

AV Sync Question

I recently purchased

• KDL-32EX503 Bravia TV    
    • BDV-E280 Home Cinema Audio system

I assumed since they were both relatively new Sony products and designed to "work" together, that they would just "work" without too much intervention on my behalf.

On setting it up, listening to the audio via the TV resulted in no noticeable lip synch issue, only through the audio system. Anything I watched via the audio system had to be set with an audio delay of 75ms using the av sync option. (Using trial and error). However, some Blu Ray discs require me to move it upwards again to 100ms.

This results in a very manual process depending on what I'm watching.

1. Is this normal? I would have thought 75ms was a considerable jump in the first place for out of the box sister systems - I would have thought they would have been designed with synching in mind!

2. Considering both systems are new and both Sony, why can they not auto-sync (I thought this was standard in HDMI 1.3 anyway?)  In saying that I'm not 100% sure if my HDMI cable is 1.3, but it should be.

3. Are there any settings I have missed (page 31 of the manual just refers to manually changing AV synch). Or will I just have to accept that I will be stuck manually synching audio depending on what I'm watching?

Message was edited by: shay_murtagh

Message was edited by: shay_murtagh

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
simoneast
Visitor

There is a request for everyone with lip sync issues to call them (see below re the number though) and give details:

http://sonycic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1805/~/home-cinema-lip-sync-issue

Get on there and let them know this needs fixing!!

BUT the number quoted is (at the moment, I did tell them) wrong. It is not 0844 84 666 555 it is 0844 8466 555.

Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes Sony are asking for help but not via the link or phone number that that Simon posted above..

If you are encountering lip sync please click on the following link to supply more details - Lip sync problems