Join now - be part of our community!

BBC 1 & 2 Recording Fault

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
GJCook
Visitor

BBC 1 & 2 Recording Fault

BT infinity was recently installed as a upgrade to an existing Bt vision box. The set up includes a Sony DVD player which is a number of years old, but successfully used for recording programmes across all channels in the past. This is a prime piece of kit for the family as we record programmes for my disabled son.

The Sony Model number is RDR - HXD710 and does not have a HDMI cable capacity.

Since the set up, but not recognised after the initial installation, we can not record on the Sony, BBC 1 & 2 channels. All other stations OK.

The system recognises the Channel identification and programme title, both on the TV guide and recorded title list, but does not record the programme signal / content. Just a grey screen.

Any ideas as to a solution?

Message was edited by: GJCook

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Leaving the BT Infinity issue out of it, as I believe that is just a coincidence. What I would do is the following -

1 - Check and ensure all cables are securely plugged in correctly, and in the right place (see page 15 and on, in the manual) (if this didnt resolve the issue, see step 2)

2 - Retune the HXD710, and make sure it picks up all channels. There has been may changes to freeview recently (ie 4G clearence)

3 - If above didnt work, perform a full factory reset of the HXD710 (see page 102 of the manual)

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2636511113.pdf

Hope that assists in anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Leaving the BT Infinity issue out of it, as I believe that is just a coincidence. What I would do is the following -

1 - Check and ensure all cables are securely plugged in correctly, and in the right place (see page 15 and on, in the manual) (if this didnt resolve the issue, see step 2)

2 - Retune the HXD710, and make sure it picks up all channels. There has been may changes to freeview recently (ie 4G clearence)

3 - If above didnt work, perform a full factory reset of the HXD710 (see page 102 of the manual)

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2636511113.pdf

Hope that assists in anyway.

profile.country.en_GB.title
GJCook
Visitor

Quinnicus

Many thanks for your help,problem is now resolved.

GJC