Join now - be part of our community!

BBC I Player not working on BDV-E370

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
keith.1967
Explorer

BBC I Player not working on BDV-E370

I recently bought model BDV-E370 through Pixmania - have installed latest firmware but cannot seem to get BBC i player to work - does anyone know why??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Keith.1967

Indeed I think this may be the cause of it  as only UK spec models are configured to work with iPlayer ( due to the  way the BBC is funded)

I think it would be easier in this instance to return it to Pixmania and re-purchase it from any good  UK based reseller ( either online or high street) as you are probably still within your cooling off period with pixmania I guess, but I guess you'd need to flag this immediately!

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Can you see the BBC icon at all?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
keith.1967
Explorer

nope cannot see the icon - have latest firmware - have left on standby for 24 hrs have tried resetting etc but still no icon appears. will changing my ip address have any effect?? other than this i cannot think of what else?? what about downloadable software to update the machine or is it possible to have this taken to a sony repair shop to have software updated to show i player

thanks for any help you can provide.

ps this was purchased through pixmania and suspect therefore not a uk model does this have any bearing on it??

cheers

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Keith.1967

Indeed I think this may be the cause of it  as only UK spec models are configured to work with iPlayer ( due to the  way the BBC is funded)

I think it would be easier in this instance to return it to Pixmania and re-purchase it from any good  UK based reseller ( either online or high street) as you are probably still within your cooling off period with pixmania I guess, but I guess you'd need to flag this immediately!

Thanks